Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
|Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary|
Developers: 343 Industries,
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is a high-def remake of the highly-acclaimed Xbox shooter, Halo.
There was an early copy that was leaked; what differences are there?
343 Industries left a fair bit of debugging code in, which can be enabled by setting 0x45797F in the XEX to 01. It has a colorful debug menu, quite a few button combos that activate debug options, and a couple of cheats.
Press LB + RT on the title screen to show the build number and type of the game.
A debug menu can be brought up by holding LB for three seconds, then pressing RB. Not all of the debugging options work, but a majority of them do.
A simple level select, which enables you to travel to the start of any of the missions.
- a10 - The Pillar of Autumn
- a30 - Halo
- a50 - The Truth and Reconciliation
- b30 - The Silent Cartographer
- b40 - Assault on the Control Room
- c10 - 343 Guilty Spark
- c20 - The Library
- c40 - Two Betrayals
- d20 - Keyes
- d40 - The Maw
These cheats do not work a majority of the time, and you'll just have to play around with them to get them correctly working.
- deathless player (dbgvar) - enables invincibility.
- infinite ammo (dbgvar) - infinite ammunition, but the clip still needs reloading. Similar to the multiplayer option.
- bottomless clip (dbgvar) - your gun never uses ammo in your clip. Again, similar to the multiplayer option.
- drop weapons (dbgvar) - drops all currently-equipped weapons.
- ai is active (dbgvar) - toggle AI. If disabled, the AI does not do anything and just stands there.
- kill one shot (dbgvar) - everything dies in one shot.
- medusa (dbgvar) - unknown, but the name suggests it was meant to kill enemies by looking at them (like Medusa).
- bump possession (dbgvar) - a code from the original Halo, colliding with an enemy allowed the player to take control of it.
- switch cam mode fly-3rd-fp (dbgvar) - probably meant to switch the player's camera between first-person, third-person, and free-roaming, but it doesn't work. You can just switch cameras with RB or LB + A.
These options can be toggled without a problem. You can unlock most of the game's unlockables here, except for levels.
- Unlock skulls (cfgvar) - unlocks the basic skulls.
- Unlock bonus skulls (cfgvar) - unlocks the bonus skulls.
- Unlock KINECT functionality (cfgvar) - unlock the Kinect support, although it only works in the Library.
- Unlock terminals (cfgvar) - unlocks all terminals.
- Unlock library - unlocks every character bio.
- Play starting video (cfgvar) - toggle. Disables the long intros in the beginning of the game. Since debug options don't save, this one doesn't work.
- Respect user saves (lock levels) (cfgvar) - toggle. Doesn't unlock levels you haven't unlocked normally, and picking missions from the MISSIONS menu doesn't save.
- Load Main Menu - brings you back to the Main Menu.
- Show camera position - shows you your camera location in X, Y, and Z coordinates.
- Show sounds debug info - shows off the directory and sound file names of the sounds currently being played.
Document the rest of the debug menu options.
|The Halo series|
|Xbox 360||Halo 3 (Prototype) • Halo 4|
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary