Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Game Boy Advance)
From The Cutting Room Floor
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue this article?
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban|
Developer: Griptonite Games
This game has a notes page
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban seems to be based off its Game Boy Color predecessor, including some unused data from that game.
debug menu. To access it, add the Action Replay / Gameshark code A432C9F0 5D832AB8 A7E25EF2 F6A528FC to the cheats list in the emulator of your choice. Then, during the game, press the AR (GS) Button.
Pressing the B button on the main debug menu will return to the title screen.
- Map Select - Allows you to spawn at any map in the game, including the test ones below. This option will use the settings chosen under the Character Level and Quest Select and Party Member Select sub-menus.
- Character Level and Quest Select - Allows you to modify the levels of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, as well as the current quest. The levels for each character go from 0 to 99, while the Current Quest setting goes from 0 to 26. When exiting this menu, the A button will confirm changes, while the B button will discard them.
- Party Member Select - Allows you to change the Lead Hero as well as the Second Follow and Third Follow characters. Unlike the above menu, both the A and B buttons will save the settings and exit the sub-menu.
- Possible characters are: Muggle Harry, Muggle Hermione, Muggle Ron, Muggle Harry Lumos, Muggle GBC (Game Boy Color) Harry, Robed Harry, Robed Hermione, Robed Ron, Buckbeak, and None.
- The game will let you select the same character in multiple slot. Battles will freeze if there are no heroes in them (i.e. your party consists of only Buckbeak(s)), and the game will graphically glitch if all character slots are set to None.
- Test Sound and Music - Play any of the sound effects (numbered 0 to 178) or music tracks (numbered 0 to 51) from the game.
- View Collector's Cards - Use the D-pad to flip through all of the Collector's Cards in some sort of almost-numerical order.
- View Portraits - Use the D-pad to flip through all the character portraits. Going past the left and right bounds causes graphical glitches.
Check for some unused quests, possibly outline them? Also make sure nothing was left out here
Five maps make up the test room. They are titled Diagon Alley Test Map 1-5. These maps can be accessed through the Map Select function of the debug menu. Despite the name, there are no features of Diagon Alley. These maps are linked horizontally and in numerical order. Each room has unique sprites. Any sprites with walking animations walk in a continuous loop. Entering a magical encounter results in a hanging battle screen with two "Monster Book of Monsters".
In this minigame, Harry has to serve people Pumpkin Juice. The sprites are randomized every time. The sprites will move towards Harry slowly. Once a sprite reaches the end of the table, it's game over. Controls: Use Up/Down to move between the three tables. Press A to fill and slide a glass of Pumpkin Juice along the current table. There is no function for receiving Pumpkin Juice, so the glass slides past the sprites and falls to the ground. This results in a YOU LOSE notification. Pressing the L button at any time brings Harry to the center table, where he drinks a glass of Pumpkin Juice and throws the empty glass on the ground. This results in a LEVEL PASSED notification.
- Change 3003F18 to...
- 19: Debug menu - main
- 1F: Debug menu - map select
- 20: Debug menu - character level and quest select
- 21: Debug menu - sound test
- 22: Debug menu - view collector cards
- 23: Debug menu - view portraits (there are some unused ones)
- 24: Unused minigame? (throw juice to Hagrid, Ron and a teacher, don't remember it used)
- 25: Unused Hogwarts map screen (looks similar to the one in HP2 GBC, but the maps are replaced with just numbers; also displays your current (?) quest)
- 27: "Cool train cut-scene here" placeholder image
- 29: Tamagochi-like owl minigame (unlocked through GameCube connectivity)
- 2A: Debug menu - character select
- 33: Harry vs 4 Dementors (alternate version of boggart mini-game (Used in story mode ONLY))
For more, see notes for this game.
Unused Dialogue Icons
|The Harry Potter series|
|PC||Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban|
|Game Boy (Color)||Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets|
|Game Boy Advance||Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire|