Proto:Knuckles' Chaotix/0119 Prototype
From The Cutting Room Floor
This is a sub-page of Proto:Knuckles' Chaotix.
|Download Knuckles' Chaotix (0119 Prototype)
File: Knuckles' Chaotix (0119 Prototype).bin (4 MB) (info)
Knuckles' Chaotix prototype 0119 for the 32X was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. Its compile date is Jan 19, 1995.
- The title screen is the same as the previous build.
- Time Attack is much different in this one but still unplayable.
- Player/monitor icons are finalized. They look like in the final now.
- Knuckles and Espio still spin in the opening stage, but Espio disappears.
- Pressing start during the tutorial will make the D-pad and buttons disappear.
- Debug mode is enabled by default.
- The HUD for power-ups is not there.
- You can choose your player before you return to the level hub from the intro level.
- Chaos Rings are still known as Holy Rings.
- It is possible to get a negative score.
- Amazing arena does not change music once you hit the light switch.
- There is the map of Newtrogic High Zone in the Sega screen.
- There is a empty space in the character select screen.
- Also, when you enter the world selection stages, the morning version of the world selection BGM plays, regardless of the time of day. If you exit, the band of stars that bind the two characters together will enlarge.
- Mighty´s wallkick is also different from final. You can´t jump up, only for opposite direction.
- The attraction picture in World Entrance spins.
- In the intro, they got rid of Metal Sonic from the 111 proto, and replaced it with Robotnik repairing the Combi Capsule (or whatever the hell it is). Then Knuckles moves right to Espio, but you can run away from him if you run to the left of him.
- Wechidna can no longer fly now, unlike in 0111.
- The World Entrance is incomplete. It also suffers from palette issues, deformation problems & the inability to select a stage.
(Source: Sonic Retro)