Proto:Knuckles' Chaotix/1229 Prototype
From The Cutting Room Floor
This is a sub-page of Proto:Knuckles' Chaotix.
|Download Knuckles' Chaotix (1229 Prototype)
File: Knuckles' Chaotix (1229 Prototype).bin (4 MB) (info)
Knuckles' Chaotix prototype 1229 for the 32X was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. Its compile date is Dec, 30 1994.
- The title screen is identical to the previous build.
- To climb walls with Knuckles, you must hold the jump button. Otherwise, he will jump off the wall (much like Vector in the Final).
- Knuckles climbing sprites are different.
- Different end signpost.
- Different Special Stage art.
- When you call your partner, your sprite is in front of theirs. Heavy looks so much smaller by comparison.
- When a special stage is successfully completed, the results screen says "Got The Holy Ring" instead of "Got Chaos Ring."
- Newtrogic High is mostly intact. However, the Combi Catcher is not yet working. Instead, the makeshift NPC SELECT screen from Time Attack mode is used after your level is chosen.
- The light switch is not present in Amazing Arena, nor is the mini-boss. However, you can complete the level regardless.
(Source: Sonic Retro)