Proto:Mega Man Legends 2
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue this article?
This page details a prototype version of Mega Man Legends 2.
Rockman DASH 2 - Episode 1: Roll-chan Kiki Ippatsu is a demo version of Mega Man Legends 2 (Rockman DASH 2 Episode 2) that came with the Japanese version of The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. It is also included in the PSP version of the complete game.
All unused maps are called 未設定 (roughly "Not Set") in the demo instead of the final version's question marks.
A debug room like the one present in the final version, but lacking the four status changing floors, the Amistal, the blue barrier, and Sera. Roll doesn't move and is bigger than the final. Tron is in a walking motion without leaving the position, her head doesn't face Mega Man, and she has one extra face. There are also 14 duplicates of this area.
Early Ruminoa City
An early version of Nino Island's Ruminoa City. The city has several women resembling Shu and other two NPCs, and the player can talk with them. Two doors go to the Restaurant and Junk Shop, which are similar to the final version, other two doors take the player to the debug room, and one door leaves Mega Man stuck in the wall when he enters.
- An empty plain.
- An incomplete version from Yosyonke City's graveyard.
- An incomplete Yosyonke City. Some buildings lack textures, and the statue is not present.
- A plain similar to Calbania with a rainbow, a black car, and a giant Horokko.
- A large plain with two Juraids, some incomplete building-like objects, and parts of the area have the text "test". Approaching the Juraids will cause the game to crash.
- An empty ruin.
- A duplicate of Kito Village. The house can be entered, but the door to the grassland goes to the debug room.
- Several maps are an empty flat area with blue floor.
One of the unused maps has a large Horokko that fires large energy spheres. Judging by its size and movements, it seems to be a very early version of Forbidden Island's boss.
All women in the early Ruminoa City have dialogue:
Woman with yellow shirt:
- "Did ya know that in the bar there's a sign that lights up?"
If you answer "yes":
- "Hey, well aren't you just a know-it-all!"
If you answer "no":
- "Then you better get with the program!"
Blue and white Shu:
- "I really wanted to have something witty to say, but I haven't been able to come up with anything... Sorry!"
White and pink Shu:
- "It'll be time for winter vacation soon... Do you have any fun and exciting plans yet? Then again, things are expected to be so busy up through next year, you just want to have a nice relaxing time off, am I right?"
- "Between Roll and Tron, which do you like best?"
If you answer "Roll":
- "You ought to like DASH 2."
If you answer "Tron":
- "I bet you're enjoying Tron ni Kobun!"
Standing blue-haired woman:
- "I don't want you coming over here and bothering me!! That shock you?"
Walking blue-haired woman:
- "............... ............... ............... Did you expect me to say something here?"
Woman with blue shirt:
- "If they were going to stop production on this game, they’d have to tell the software people right away, wouldn't they...? ...Not that I think something like that will happen, but..."
The Crusher and Hyper Shell, named 垂力弾 and "Rock Bazooka" in the demo, are partially complete and can be used with codes. There is also a weapon called "Special Weapon D", but the game crashes when it's equipped.