Sonic Pocket Adventure
From The Cutting Room Floor
|Sonic Pocket Adventure|
Developer: Sonic Team, DIMPS
Sonic Pocket Adventure is basically Sonic Unadvanced.
Change byte 0x1F of the ROM to 0xFF in a hex editor to enable Developer Mode. (This is done automatically in some ancient emulators such as R.A.P.E. and NeoPocott, for some stupid reason.) When the SEGA screen is displayed, press the Option button to jump to the main debug menu.
An interesting function of the debug mode is that it allows the player to switch between Sonic and Tails by pressing the B button. It is also possible to trigger a free-movement mode by pressing A+B simultaneously.
This is pretty straightforward. Simply pick the level with which you wish to start the game, as though it were any other level select screen.
The "Test" levels are just clones of Neo South Island, which will crash the emulator when selected.
Go To Room
This will take the player to the puzzle and option screen.
This will take the player to the ending scenes.
Simply opens up the Sound Test.
This menu is a bit more difficult to understand; the following explains the options' use in detail:
- DEBUG DISP - Toggles the display of X/Y coords of the player in the HUD.
- ATK DISP - Toggles the display of hitboxes around destroyable objects (Enemies, Monitors, etc).
- BDY DISP - Toggles the display of hitboxes around the player.
- MUTEKI - Toggles invulnerability for the player (can't be hurt).
- ALL CLEAR - Toggles a full savegame.