Also known as: Super Contra (JP), Probotector II: Return of the Evil Forces (EU)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue this article?
|This page needs more images. |
There's a whole lotta words here, but not enough pictures. Please fix this.
Two John Rambos show up aliens.
A sound test full of Engrish is accessible by holding A + B and pressing Start on the title screen. Strangely, only the last melody ("MEDOLEY") locks the cursor in place while it plays.
In the Japanese version, hold Down + Select at the title screen, then press Start. Select the area with Up / Down, then press Start to go there.
List all differences, rip graphics.
The European version has many graphical differences:
- The title screen was changed to Probotector II Return of the Evil Forces
- The two main characters were changed into robots, and their names were changed from "Mad Dog" and "Scorpion" to "RD008" and "RCO11".
- Four enemies were changed to robots in sidescrolling stages.
- Three enemies were changed to robots in top-down stages.
- The helicopter that drops off the heroes was changed to look more futuristic.
- The first helicopter boss was changed to look more futuristic.
At the end of the PRG ROM is an ID with the date that version of the game was compiled. A similar ID is found in many other Konami games.
|US Version||EU Version||JP Version|
So the Japanese version was compiled on October 5, 1989, the US version on November 29, and the European version on March 31, 1992.
|The Contra series|
|NES||Contra • Super C|
|Game Boy||Operation C|
|SNES||Contra III: The Alien Wars|
|Genesis||Contra: Hard Corps|
|Nintendo DS||Contra 4 (Prototype)|