Super Mario Bros. 2
From The Cutting Room Floor
|This article or section is just getting started and doesn't have much content.|
Help us out and expand it with information!
|Super Mario Bros. 2|
This game has a prototype article
Super Mario Bros. 2 is the black sheep of the Mario series... at least before Super Mario Sunshine came along.
During a series of unfortunate incidents, a prototype dump of this game was released.
This has a bunch of differences and blah blah balhdlfkshfdsf
- A on title screen: Selects world (can go above 7, which leads to various bugs/crashes)
- Select during gameplay: Gives you 16 HP and breaks the life counter. This is actually shown in some commercial
- Title screen palette is different
- The story is different
- Some minor changes here and there
- You can't run, like in Doki Doki Panic
- Eyeballs aren't white
- Hold positions are totally wrong
- Good lord this list is long
- 7-1 and 7-2 have some minor changes
- No animations
- The underground theme is an earlier version of Super Mario Bros. 3's with LOUD drum samples; it was reverted to the Doki Doki Panic version pre-release.
- The invincibility theme uses noise-based drums (like SMB1), rather than the drum samples as found in the final.
- You get prize money based on how many times you died
- Game ends on a simple THE END screen after the congratulations
SMB2 has a :) in the desert tileset. It is indeed very happy, and the artist who put it there is good people.
Eighth animation frame
Eight different animation frames exist; due to a bug, however, only the first seven are used.
Placeholder proto-final differences
To be used with a comparison between the proto and final versions.
Prototype Title and Story colors
The Prototype`s Title Screen and Story had a Yellow,Brownish Yellow,and a Peach Color.