Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
|Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Nintendo promised a sequel to the stellar Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru ("For the Frog the Bell Tolls"), but for some reason it turned out to be a game starring Tingle. Set in a corrupt land, this game is actively advocating capitalism, sex (no, really), and slavery. A sequel about Tingle being a sex offender has been since released exclusively in Japan, for better or worse.
Use the following Action Replay code in the European version, with English language enabled:
02007444 0A00000E 94000130 000000FF 02007444 E3A02008 020012E8 E3A05001 D0000000 00000000
Press L + R during playable sections to get a debug menu to appear.
Upon triggering the debug menu, a map select with many pages will appear, available by pressing R. Selecting one will warp you to a different map. There are some leading to cutscenes, and some maps will outright set your rupee count to 0, insta-killing you, hence the need of using an Action Replay code for infinite rupees to get to these maps. But there are some interesting unused areas, such as:
- 07: A terrain select test map. (?)
- 35: An over-populated test map. It tests some 3D and upper-screen animations, but also has the map select from the tower top.
- 77: A testing map lacking any collision whatsoever. There are some dancing, thankfully non-functional pedo-bears and many mini-Tingle. Said mini-Tingle creatures makes you and your companion (set by default to the green troll) walk in a pre-set path, likely for event testing. Another warps you to the city entrance, and two trigger cutscenes, one of which is the intro using a placeholder Japanese name.
- 83: Another test map with scrolling. There are three clones of Tingle (OMG): the first is actually the "NUL" ghost, who triggers a non-functional conversation screen, the second one sings the "Secret Discovered" jingle from Zelda, and the third one is probably a corpse. The chests and the many girls (probably Tingle's harem) offer you rupees and various items. Each girl has the same thing as the chest behind her, but you can always talk to the girl again and get more. Aside from two jars, there are also two unreachable yellow platforms on the staircase.
- 89: A very odd, non-functional map, with duplicate Tingle actors.
- 68: Unused map.
- 74, 72, 61, 14: Glitchy maps, with Tingle duplicates and messed collision. 61 even says NUL.
- 71: Copyright Screen.
List the other unused areas
If you press B you'll get to a screen with version information. If you then press A, you'll open a full-fledged sound debug menu... in Japanese. The second-to-last option has a sound test.