Gauntlet Legends (Nintendo 64)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This game has revisional differences.
Gauntlet Legends is an enhanced port of the arcade game.
The N64 version introduced several additions and changes compared to the arcade version:
- There's now a hub called Sumner's Tower, where you can access the realms and the shop. In the arcade version there's a level select screen instead, and the shop was only accessible after finishing a stage.
- There's a new inventory system to stock items and powerups. In the arcade version your items were consumed automatically (except keys and potions) when picked up inside a level.
- The only realm available when starting a new game is the Mountain Kingdom. In the arcade version, all realms are open from the start.
- The short FMV cutscenes and map screen before starting every realm are gone.
- To open new realms, Obelisks need to be activated inside the stages of each realm.
- There's a hint system where you can ask Sumner where to find the Obelisks and Runes.
- There are five new realms, although two of then are replacements. The arcade version has four realms: Forest, Desert, Mountain, and Castle. The Desert and Forest realms from the arcade version were replaced with the Ice and Town realms.
- There's a Turbo gauge that allows you to perform powerful special attacks.
- Has five hidden characters to unlock through secret mazes designed like the original Gauntlet.
- Uses the Memory Pack to save instead of a username and password.
- Only the Dragon, Chimera, and Skorne bosses were retained from the arcade version. The rest of the bosses are new.
- The ending is completely different.
|The Gauntlet series|
|NES||Gauntlet • Gauntlet II|
|Nintendo 64||Gauntlet Legends|
|Game Boy Advance||Gauntlet Dark Legacy|
|PlayStation 2||Gauntlet Dark Legacy|
|GameCube||Gauntlet Dark Legacy|
|Xbox||Gauntlet Dark Legacy|