King of the Monsters 2 (Genesis)
|King of the Monsters 2|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
King of the Monsters 2 for the Genesis is very different from the original version, discarding the beat-'em-up aspect in favor of playing like a fighting game.
At the Sega logo, press Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right on controller 2. A sound effect should play and the "2" on the title screen should be reversed. You can then select "DEBUG MODE" at the main menu.
- Up / Down — Press to choose move.
- Left / Right — Press to choose direction facing.
- A — Hold and use D-Pad to select a monster.
- B — Press to switch between powerup states and status effects.
- C — Hold and use D-Pad to move around.
- X — Press to replay animation.
- Y — Press to change "F-Mode", which is used to display each frame of the animations individually and display the hitbox of the character animation frames; press B or Z to increment the animation frames, press X to reset the animation sequence, press C to change hitbox type (if the current frame has it), hold A and use D-Pad to move the hitbox around, press Y to exit this mode.
- Start — Pause.
- Mode — Reset to Sega screen; entering the code here again will play a different sound effect, disabling the debug mode.
Note that you need a 6 button controller to use all functions; The first controller tests the sprite on the left, the second controller tests the sprite on the right.
Music that is not used during gameplay can be heard in the sound test menu. All three are remixes of songs from the original Neo Geo version.
ID: 84 — Neo Geo title theme
ID: 95 — Neo Geo Battle 5 (Sea Bed) BGM
ID: 97 — Neo Geo Bonus Battle / Battle Match BGM
|The King of the Monsters series|
|SNES||King of the Monsters 2|
|Genesis||King of the Monsters 2|