Minecraft: Java Edition/Version Differences/1.3
This is a sub-page of Minecraft: Java Edition/Version Differences.
1.3 (mainly 1.3.1) was a major update to Minecraft: Java Edition released on August 1, 2012. It added trading, adventure mode, new generated structures, and new blocks/items.
- 1 12w15a
- 2 12w16a
- 3 12w17a
- 3.1 Additions
- 3.2 Changes
- 3.3 Bug Fixes
- 4 12w18a
- 4.1 Additions
- 4.2 Changes
- 4.3 Bug Fixes
- 5 12w19a
- 6 12w21a
- 6.1 Additions
- 6.2 Changes
- 7 12w21b
- 8 12w22a
- 8.1 Additions
- 8.2 Changes
- 8.2.1 Blocks
- 8.2.2 Mobs
- 8.2.3 World Generation
- 8.2.4 Gameplay
- 8.2.5 General
- 8.3 Bug Fixes
- 9 12w23a
- 10 12w23b
- 11 12w24a
- 12 12w25a
- 12.1 Additions
- 12.2 Changes
- 12.3 Bug Fixes
- 13 12w26a
- 14 12w27a
- 15 12w30a
- 16 12w30b
- 17 12w30c
- 18 12w30d
- 19 12w30e
- 20 1.3
- 21 1.3.1
- 22 1.3.2
12w15a is the first snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1, released on April 12, 2012.
Dispensers can now deploy boats on water, and minecarts on rails (variants included).
Stackable items now stack outside inventory when thrown to the ground individually.
The spawning rate of slimes in superflat worlds has been decreased.
Minecart with Furnace
Using a minecart with furnace in creative mode acts as if the player gave it coal.
- The appropriate spawn egg is now given when pick blocking a mob while in creative mode.
- Shift+clicking can now be used to equip armor.
- Shift+clicking can now be used to put items in brewing stands and enchantment tables.
12w16a is the second snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1, released on April 19, 2012.
A bonus chest option has been added to the create world screen. When enabled, the world starts the user off with a chest surrounded by torches nearby containing tools, items, and blocks helpful to starting a survival game. They may contain:
- Wood planks
- Stone and/or wooden pickaxe
- Stone and/or wooden axe
An option to enable single-player commands has been added to the create world screen.
- Several new commands have been added: /gamemode, /toggledownfall, /time, /give, /xp, /kill.
- Typing / then pressing Tab ↹ will show a list of available commands.
- These commands are enabled in previously generated creative mode-worlds.
- While using commands, the world around the player is frozen, unlike in multiplayer.
A demo mode has been added for non-premium users, but this won’t be available until the full update.
- In the language files, new text was added for the demo mode.
- The demo mode will last for 6 in-game days (which is about 1 hour and 40 minutes) according to the language files.
- It also teaches the player how to use the controls and how to begin playing.
Items can now be deleted from the hotbar by shift-clicking while on the Creative mode item selection screen.
The language files have been updated.
12w17a is the third snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1, released on April 26, 2012.
Wooden slabs for each of the four shades of wood have been added.
- There are now new block IDs 125 for double wooden slabs and 126 for single wooden slabs.
- These new slabs no longer act like stone.
- An axe should be used to break them.
- They are no longer immune to fire and lava.
- Wooden slabs created in older versions of Minecraft are still stone-like and fireproof and will not change to the new slabs when placed or mined.
|Oak Wood Slab||Birch Wood Slab||Spruce Wood Slab||Jungle Wood Slab|
Book and Quills
Book and quills are essentially books you can actually write in. They are crafted using a book, feather, and ink sac.
- When a book and quill is made, it can be right-clicked to open a screen that allows you to type the book.
- Pressing "Done" will save whatever was typed and allow you to edit the book again later, yet will not “sign" it.
- When "signing" a book, it will allow you to choose a title up to 16 characters long and disable editing of the book, the book and quill then become a written book, with the icon changing along with the label.
It looks similar to a regular book, but has a shine like they're enchanted. After being finished, the written book cannot be edited again.
The command /help has been added.
A 'Chat Options' button has been added to the options screen.
- Chat opacity has been added as an option, letting the chat be semi-transparent.
- You can now disable chat, removing the chat for Multiplayer servers.
- A chat colors option has been added.
- An “Only Commands" mode has been added to chat.
Ice no longer turns into Water in the Nether.
Saplings now have their proper names, like Spruce Sapling, instead of just "Sapling".
Leather is now required to craft books.
Tools now have infinite durability in Creative mode.
Livestock, such as chickens, can now be “walked through" instead of pushing the player around in crowded pens.
Boats can now be destroyed in one hit in Creative mode.
Minecarts can now be destroyed in one hit in Creative mode.
The player can no longer have a bonus chest in Hardcore mode.
Flying through water in Creative mode is no longer slow.
Silk touch can now retrieve ice and glass panes.
Server Commands now appear in italics in multiplayer.
3 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving entity collision errors has been fixed.
- A bug involving the pick block function has been fixed.
- Issues involving the chat have been fixed.
12w18a is the fourth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on May 3, 2012
Wood logs now have their proper names, like Oak Wood instead of Wood.
Wood planks now have their proper names, like Spruce Wood Planks instead of Wooden Planks.
The game no longer pauses when writing in a book.
Cocoa beans are now obtainable in jungle tree leaves. This is the only snapshot where this happens.
The game no longer pauses when writing in a sign.
Wooden tools now work in furnaces as one full furnace use.
Villagers spawned from spawning eggs will now get a random profession.
Hardcore is now available in multiplayer.
The server logic and client has been separated, therefore singleplayer is now a local server.
The game no longer pauses when entering a command or pausing the game.
F3 Debug Screen
Coordinates are now rounded to 5 digits: “ws", “fs" and “g" (walking speed, flying speed and ground; “g" is true if the player is touching the ground).
The language files have been updated.
Splash “Mojang" screen now appears for 1 second instead of 3.
Support and auto-download for server texture packs.
4 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving being unable to switch tools of the same kind in your inventory has been fixed.
- A bug involving water destroying non-solid blocks when breaking them from above has been fixed.
- A bug involving picking a block in creative with a tool in your hand, causing you to lose it, has been fixed.
- A bug involving Silk Touch giving you only one slab from double slabs has been fixed.
12w19a is the fifth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on May 10, 2012.
Cocoa pods have been added to jungles. They generate on the side of jungle wood. They have 3 stages of growth, and the number of cocoa beans dropped depends on the stage of growth.
Sandstone blocks now have their proper names, such as Smooth Sandstone instead of Sandstone.
Stone bricks now have their proper names, such as Cracked Stone Bricks instead of Stone Bricks.
The large biomes world type has been added. With this mode, biomes become 16x bigger than normal.
Cocoa beans' texture has been changed.
Cookies now recover 2 points of hunger rather than 1.
Torches now spawn around bonus chests if each side has a block at the same height around it.
6 bugs have been fixed.
- Enchanting bows and swords work again (Other tools now have tooltips, etc. once more).
- The End and the Nether generate normally again.
- Item repair works again.
- Starting a game in creative no longer starts in survival.
- Bonus chests work correctly again.
- Particles no longer activate wooden pressure plate with an arrow on it.
12w21a is the sixth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on May 24, 2012.
- Mining Emerald Ore drops 1 emerald when mined.
- Emerald Ore generates in veins of up to 10 blocks.
- Strangely, it has the texture of ruby ore.
- According to Jeb, he forgot to change the ruby ore texture into the new emerald ore texture when the snapshot was finished.
Ender chests are crafted with 8 obsidian and 1 eye of ender, and are resistant to explosions. All ender chests in a world have the same contents; if those contents change it will affect the contents of all other ender chests. On multiplayer, the ender chest's contents will be the same for all players on a server.
Sandstone stairs have the same function and recipe as other stairs, but they're made of sandstone instead.
Emeralds are dropped when mining an Emerald ore block. They're used in trading with villagers.
Enchanted Golden Apple
A second golden apple made with blocks of gold. After being consumed, the player receives 30-second Regeneration IV, plus Resistance and Fire Resistance for 5 minutes.
Desert temples are new generated structures in desert biomes that resemble pyramids. They have a TNT trap and loot chests inside.
Villages that generate in desert biomes will now be made of sandstone rather than wood and cobblestone.
Villagers will buy or sell the player emeralds in exchange for certain items. Players can trade with villagers by right-clicking on them, opening up a GUI with 2 buying slots and one selling slot.
The /seed command has been added. It displays the current world seed.
Dispensers will eject water and lava source blocks from buckets. They will also take water and lava source blocks if there is an empty bucket inside.
The gravel texture has been changed.
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5||12w21a|
The old chest texture has been removed, causing locked chests (from 2011's April Fools prank) to appear as the purple default block.
Buckets are now stackable.
Passive mobs can now be easily pushed around by simply walking, most likely intended to help the player navigate through animal farms more easily.
Boats will now pass through lily pads without breaking the boat; the lilypad drops as an item instead.
While sitting inside of a minecart, pushing the directional keys will make it move the direction you are pressing, this will only work while the minecart is sitting on rails.
Snow has been added to the creative inventory.
Server Jar dependency has been removed in singleplayer.
Stars are more realistic. They are now slightly smaller and slightly brighter.
The Options menu has been improved.
The F3 menu no longer has the graphs.
12w21b is the seventh snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on May 25, 2012.
Emerald Ore's texture has been changed.
Chainmail is now available in survival mode via trading.
Saving and loading chunks is now slightly faster.
There is now a new inventory screen in Creative.
- Blocks and items are sorted by category, each category in its own tab, the categories are: Building Blocks, Decoration Blocks, Redstone, Transportation, Miscellaneous, Foodstuffs, Tools, Combat, Brewing, and Materials.
- The inventory can be searched for specific items: just start typing while in the inventory screen. The search results will be displayed in the Search Items tab.
- The player's survival mode inventory is accessible via a tab with the chest as its icon.
- Brewed potions will not be included in their own category.
- To close the new inventory window you must press 'Esc'. Using the default inventory key does not currently work.
- The monster egg has been added to the creative inventory.
12w21b was reuploaded later on May 25, 2012 to fix translation griefings.
12w22a is the eighth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on May 31, 2012.
Block of Emerald
Blocks of emeralds are decorative storage blocks, crafted with 9 emeralds.
Tripwire and Tripwire Hooks
The player can now place down string to create tripwire. When walked on, these can activate tripwire hooks if there is a hook at each end of the string.
Jungle temples are generated structures that generate in jungle biomes. They are comprised mainly of cobblestone and mossy cobblestone, and have dispenser and tripwire traps and chest loot.
Adventure mode is a new gamemode that is only accessible with /gamemode 2.
- The player cannot break or place any blocks.
- The player can interact with any blocks, like doors and levers, and can buy from villagers.
- The player can still damage mobs.
Potions have been added to the Creative inventory; found in “brewing" category. An option to delete items, along with armor and crafting, has been added to survival inventory when in Creative. Silverfish cobblestone and stone brick monster egg blocks have been added to the Creative inventory.
/defaultgamemode has been added as a command.
The locked chest's texture has been changed due to the addition of the block of emerald.
When exposed to rain, cauldrons have a possibility to slowly filling with water.
Emerald ore now generates in veins of 1 block.
Rain will slowly drip through leaves.
Half-slabs can now be placed upside-down when pointing at the upper half of the side of a block. This does not work with stairs.
Endermen now stop in front of the player. When the player swings their sword, it teleports behind the player.
Some minor changes have been made to the terrain.
The enchantment system has been rebalanced.
- The maximum enchantment level has been lowered from 50 to 30.
- As a result, enchantment tables now require only 15 bookcases around them to allow maximum level enchantments.
- With a full enchantment table set with bookshelves, at the bottom of the 3 enchantments, the enchantment table always shows you the highest number possible.
- Using level 30 enchantments, the player has a lot more luck; almost all items get at least 2 enchantments.
- Various actions will now reward the player with Experience Orbs, such as mining ores (except Gold Ore and Iron Ore), using furnaces, and getting achievements.
- Levels are now awarded linearly. It takes 17 experience to go up one level.
Blocks seen in inventory are oriented to the right instead of to the left.
Nether portals now have a very small chance of spawning zombie pigmen.
Pausing now works again in single player.
Smelting in a furnace with a lava bucket now leaves an empty bucket for the player to retrieve.
- Villagers can now trade all sorts of items with you (for example, 1 emerald + 10 gravel → 3 flint).
- Some villagers will even offer to enchant items (e.g. 3 emeralds + 1 iron pickaxe → 1 iron pickaxe with Fortune I).
If the player is to press F, the client will reload all the chunks.
10 bugs have been fixed.
- In the redstone tab of the creative inventory, the redstone torch is now on instead of being off.
- In the decoration tab of the creative inventory, the redstone torch has been removed.
- A bug involving the size of slimes which was sometimes wrong in the previous snapshot has been fixed.
- Fully charged arrows now show their particle effect again.
- Arrows are now stuck at the correct position in the block they hit.
- The language English (US) is available again.
- A bug involving Endermen often not shaking and opening their jaws when looked at has been fixed.
- A bug involving repeaters sometimes being stuck when loading the chunks they are in has been fixed.
- The Search tab does not automatically open up unless the player presses their chat key, allowing the inventory to be closed with the normal inventory key again.
- A bug causing stacked buckets to disappear when used to milk cows has been fixed.
12w23a is the ninth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on June 7, 2012.
Stairs now have the correct hitbox.
Tripwire is now activated by most entities, including arrows (but not an eye of ender or a bottle o' enchanting). The max distance has also been increased to 40 blocks.
Wooden Pressure Plates
Wooden pressure plates detect arrows.
Boats can now accelerate to faster than previous speeds, and are now easier to control.
The end portal frame has been added to the creative inventory.
Enchantment levels are slightly exponential again.
- It now takes 825 experience to reach level 30.
- The first 16 levels are linear, while level 17+ require more points per level to the maximum level of 30 (although one can still have more than 30 XP levels to spend).
The player can now see the cracking effect on blocks when other players mine blocks in multiplayer.
Texture packs that are in folders and not in a zip file are recognized as a texture pack, and the texture pack image is displayed for folder-based texture packs.
Upon the player pressing F, the client no longer reloads chunks.
7 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug when pistons pushed a wire has been fixed.
- Villagers procreate again.
- Weather transitions are back.
- Slime and magma cube jumping animations have been fixed.
- Armor and tool enchantments now show to other players on multiplayer.
- Players are now able to skip the End credits again.
- Pumpkins now face the correct direction on the player's head.
12w23b is the tenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on June 7, 2012.
A bug involving frequent null pointer exceptions in survival mode when blocks were instantly mined with a tool.
12w24a is the eleventh snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on June 14, 2012.
Those connected to a player's LAN network can now join SP games.
- The player can now use /publish to open their singleplayer game for LAN players to join. This is still very much a work in progress, so it lacks some necessary settings such as what game mode players will get, and if they should be able to use cheats or not.
- The /publish command is temporary, since the player cannot even access it if they have not enabled cheats (LAN connections will be GUI based in the future).
The /tp command has been added from multiplayer to singleplayer. It allows for teleporting between players.
Ender chests now have an inventory per player and not per world. Knocking down the chest will break it into 8 obsidian, unless the player has the Silk Touch enchantment.
The player can now place levers on the underside of blocks, and upside-down.
End portal frames now have a tooltip.
16 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving ender pearls and eye of ender not aligning properly in the inventory has been fixed.
- A bug involving the double chest GUI having the caption "Large Chest" in all languages has been fixed.
Fixed the "Destroy Item" tooltip appearing in other pages of the inventory occasionally. Partially remedied bug when Minecraft does not save the player's progress, stops generating chunks, and freezes all the mobs. This still occurs sometimes.
- A bug involving the ender dragon not dealing any damage to the player after it has been hit once.
- A bug involving explosions not pushing back players has been fixed.
- A bug involving buckets not picking up or placing water within the spawn protection has been fixed.
- A bug involving losing the items in the second trade box if the player exits a trade with a villager has been fixed.
- A bug involving missing sounds has been fixed:
- The water-movement sound has been fixed.
- The fire sound has been fixed.
- The extinguish sound has been fixed.
- The Nether portal sound has been fixed.
- The lava-stagnant sound has been fixed.
- The lava-droplet sound has been fixed.
- A bug involving attempting to use a tripwire hook when right clicking has been fixed.
- The texture pack folder button now works on Mac.
12w25a is the twelfth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on June 21, 2012.
Wooden stairs for the remaining three wood types (spruce, birch, and jungle) have been added.
|Oak Wood Stairs||Birch Wood Stairs||Spruce Wood Stairs||Jungle Wood Stairs|
An “Open to LAN" menu in the in-game menu has been added, which allows players to open their world to other players. In the menu, the player can choose to turn commands on or off, and choose the game mode.
Redstone (including repeaters, torches, levers, and pressure plates), torches and rails can now be placed on top of upside-down slabs.
Redstone (including repeaters, torches, levers, and pressure plates), torches and rails can now be placed on top of upside-down stairs.
Arrows shot while in Creative Mode can be picked up if approached, however, the player will not receive the arrow item when doing so. This potentially improved memory usage.
Pigs now drop 1-3 porkchops instead of 0-2.
Slimes spawning in the superflat world type has reduced again.
The “sky" in The End has changed; it is now purple instead of greenish.
The downwards knockback while drowning has been removed.
The multiplayer menu now scans for LAN servers.
Villagers may remove a trade option after it has been used at least 3 times.
The /tp comand now allows teleporting to specified coordinates. The syntax for this is /tp [<target player>] <x> <y> <z>. The other functionality of the /tp command is still there.
9 bugs have been fixed.
- A player's Ender Chest storage is no longer wiped on respawning.
- A bug involving pistons not pushing back players has been fixed.
- A crash bug when typing /time set day has been fixed.
- A freeze bug when opening the texture pack folder from in-game has been fixed.
- A bug involving published games apparently staying open for visitors when the host leaves has been fixed.
- A bug involving Villagers not showing hearts around them when mating has been fixed.
- A bug involving respawning causing your skin to be set to the default until you leave and come back has been fixed.
- A bug involving being unable to hear TNT from more than 16 blocks away has been fixed.
- A bug involving being able to use bone meal in a dark room has been fixed.
12w26a is the thirteenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on June 27, 2012.
Monster spawners now support extra information for the mobs it spawns. This allows unmodified games to have spawners for special variants of mobs, the player still requires external or modified means to set these parameters, though.
Examples: Charged creepers, endermen holding specific blocks, green robe villagers, villagers with custom trade offers, etc…
Monsters can now spawn on upside down slabs.
Silverfish under the poison effect will spawn silverfish from nearby monster eggs more quickly.
11 bugs have been fixed.
- Spruce, birch and jungle wooden stairs can now be crafted.
- The sand and gravel duplication glitch has been fixed.
- In creative mode, destroying a TNT block no longer drops a TNT block.
- A bug involving changing the name of a world, loading that world, saving and quitting it undoing the world rename, has been fixed.
- A crash when the game automatically selects the "Scanning for LAN Worlds" item in the server list and you delete it.
- A bug involving the arrow representing the player on the map item not pointing in the right direction has been fixed.
- A bug involving clicking "Save and Quit" or "Disconnect" twice quickly crashing the game has been fixed.
- A bug involving the multiplayer server fairly regularly dropping all players and showing many NullPointerExceptions in the console every few hours has been fixed.
- A bug involving save files being closed each time world was auto-saved has been fixed.
- A bug involving placing a piston in front of another which is powered, but not extended, causing the placed piston to become broken and have the same texture on all sides has been fixed.
- The powered rail duplication glitch has been fixed.
12w27a is the fourteenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1 released on July 5, 2012.
/debug is a new command that has been added. This command starts/stops debug profiling.
Nether wart can now grow in the Overworld and the End.
Pistons have been updated to make them less error-prone, thus they also appear to update slower. This also altered the way pistons work, so the player might have to adapt their repeater delays and similar.
For this change, pistons now take 2 redstone ticks (4 game ticks) to expand, but they still retract instantly.
Signs are stackable up to 16. Crafting them now gives 3 signs instead of 1 with the same recipe.
Boats now drop the boat item when destroyed by a player.
Creative inventory now shows status effects.
Experience gained from mining ore is now different for each type of ore (mining coal ore will give the player the least amount while diamond ore & emerald ore will give the most amount of XP).
13 bugs have been fixed.
- Newly added wooden stairs will now burn.
- A bug involving the /kill command not working has been fixed.
- A bug involving powering specific glitched pistons crashing the game has been fixed.
- A visual bug causing pistons to be partially invisible or in the wrong location momentarily has been fixed.
- A bug involving being able to place portals in the Nether in locations where they would end up in illegal locations in the overworld has been fixed.
- A bug involving the game crashing when publishing SP worlds with certain language settings has been fixed.
- A bug involving players on minecarts, boats or pigs and spider jockeys not being displayed in the correct location has been fixed.
- A bug with dispensers has been fixed.
- A bug involving the /say command not accepting some strings form the console, often triggering the help dialogue, has been fixed.
- A bug involving being able to transmute blocks to certain data values using an orientation-dependent tripwire bug has been fixed.
- A bug involving drinking potions in creative not consuming the potions, but still giving empty bottles, has been fixed.
- A bug involving signs sometimes not saving the text when placing them has been fixed.
- A bug involving torches at the top of 1×1 vertical shafts not lighting up their own block has been fixed.
12w30a is the fifteenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1, released on July 23, 2012.
- Snooper Settings is a new setting in the menu. It allows the player to toggle whether their data are sent to Mojang for analysis and improvements, and also shows which data will be sent to Mojang.
- A new setting, Vertical Synchronization, has been added to Video Settings.
- The fullscreen mode setting is now persistent.
- All video settings need to be enabled in options.txt for now.
Stairs, when placed on the upper half of a block's side, will now be placed upside-down.
Depending on difficulty, damage done by explosions is now scaled.
- On Easy mode, explosions do ~50% less damage.
- On Normal mode, explosions do the same amount of damage as before.
- On Hard mode, explosions do ~33% more damage than before. According to Dinnerbone, "in full diamond armor + hard difficulty, a creeper can knock you down to 2 hearts!"
The Nether has been made less "laggy".
Survival mode's command is now /gamemode 0.
F3 Debug Screen
In F3 mode, the y coordinate now shows both the feet level and the eye level.
- Chunk loading has been accelerated.
- Lag spike frequency has been decreased.
- Chat now works smoothly, even when the server is lagging.
- Unnecessary world updates have been decreased.
- Packets sent between client and server have been decreased.
Creeper explosions, fire charge explosions, and TNT give off a knock back.
19 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving existing signs not showing text.
- A bug involving monster spawners all looking like pig spawners has been fixed.
- A bug involving ⌘ Cmd + C, ⌘ Cmd + X, and ⌘ Cmd + V not working on Mac OS X has been fixed.
- A bug involving sneaking players' nameplates not staying hidden when loading the chunks the sneaking players are in has been fixed.
- A bug involving multiple chunks often not displaying has been fixed.
- A bug involving higher server-set view distances instantly kicking joining players has been fixed.
- A bug involving sections above Y = 191 becoming invisible when loading worlds has been fixed.
- A bug involving not completely generated chunks not updating to visually when walking into them has been fixed.
- A bug involving compasses not pointing to spawn but to X=8 & Z=8 after respawning has been fixed.
- A bug involving other players' fishing lines looking like they start from their feet has been fixed.
- A bug with Unbreaking-enchanted tools and destroying blocks has been fixed.
- A bug involving being able to move LAN servers in the server list and crashing the game has been fixed.
- A bug involving opening SP worlds to LAN, saving and quitting it leaving the server running and showing up in the server list has been fixed.
- A bug involving pushing a minecart with the movement keys causing the camera to shake in the direction pressed has been fixed.
- A bug involving potion effects losing their graphical effects when traveling between dimensions has been fixed.
- A bug involving Ghast's fireballs getting stuck mid-air when unloading their chunk, which might apply to fire charges and blaze's fireballs as well, has been fixed.
- A bug involving the last slot in the opened creative inventory's hotbar being one pixel too short on all but the survival inventory tabs and a few pixels being off on the survival inventory tab has been fixed.
- A bug involving blocks disappearing when you place them under yourself and jump has been fixed.
- A bug involving the client trying to trample crops instead of letting the server dictate trampling has been fixed.
12w30b is the sixteenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1, released on July 23, 2012; the same day as the last snapshot.
3 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving null pointer exception has been fixed.
- A bug involving being unable to right-click on blocks has been fixed.
- A bug involving chests stacked on top of other chests not opening has been fixed.
12w30c is the seventeenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1, released on July 24, 2012.
5 bugs have been fixed.
- A piston block animation bug has been fixed.
- A bug involving rain particles in certain biomes has been fixed.
- A bug involving Mob Spawners set to spawn FallingSand entity crashing the game has been fixed.
- Minor text bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving portal placement has been fixed.
12w30d is the eighteenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1, released on July 25, 2012.
Six-sided wood blocks, which look similar to logs, have been added. They have the wood's "bark" texture (side texture when placed vertically) on all 6 sides. They also cannot be obtained legitimately.
|Oak Wood||Birch Wood||Spruce Wood||Jungle Wood|
Wood can now be placed in different orientations.
The amount of experience obtained from furnaces has been strongly decreased.
3 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving non-standard blocks displaying incorrectly when tiled on a FallingSand entity has been fixed.
- A bug involving Dragon Eggs displaying as lava blocks while falling has been fixed.
- A bug involving thrown splash potions not saving their type when reloading the world has been fixed.
12w30e is the eighteenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.3.1, released on July 25, 2012; the same day as the last snapshot.
3 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving cocoa beans not being able to be planted on rotated wood blocks has been fixed.
- A duplication bug in Creative mode has been fixed.
- A bug involving the Survival inventory in Creative mode has been fixed.
Like 1.2, 1.3 is oddly the prerelease for 1.3.1 instead of the initial update. It was released on July 26, 2012.
The block-breaking animation is now shown in F1 mode.
TNT no longer does damage to players in peaceful difficulty.
Respawning in superflat is no longer random.
5 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving melon stem block misalignment has been fixed.
- A crash bug has been fixed.
- A bug involving the chest armor slot being inaccessible in Creative mode's survival inventory tab has been fixed.
- A bug involving rotated wooden logs mined using Silk Touch enchanted tools dropping as rotated wooden logs has been fixed.
- A bug involving being unable to place half slabs in the small gaps between another half slab and the side of another block has been fixed.
1.3.1 was a major update to Minecraft: Java Edition released on August 1, 2012. The only reason why 1.3 isn't the original update is, according to Mojang, "because the obfuscation was wrong and made life (more) difficult for modders," and they "only fixed a couple of other minor issues".
1.3.2 was a minor update to Minecraft: Java Edition released on August 16, 2012.
Large oak trees now generate with sideways logs.
The player can now toggle showing server addresses in the server list using the F1 key.
4 bugs have been fixed.
- A bug involving players sometimes falling out of the world when entering the Nether having been there before in the same session has been fixed.
- A bug involving players taking damage when water or players push them into corners has been fixed.
- A bug involving various uncommon crash bugs has been fixed.
- A bug involving players not getting fall damage when falling from a height of 4 blocks has been fixed.