Proto:Burnout 3: Takedown
This page details one or more prototype versions of Burnout 3: Takedown.
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
| Promotional Disc|
A promotional copy released to reviewers. Dated April 28th, 2004.
Burnout 3 Logo
The logo design is slightly different for the earlier demo, later demo and the final release.
|Earlier Demo||Later Demo||Final|
Jampack Volume 11 Demo
A demo that is largely identical to the promotional disc demo was released as part of the Jampack Volume 11 Demo Disc. According to build dates in the game's files, the demo was built on May 12th, 2004.
Title Screen Changes
|EU Demo||NA/JP Demo||Final|
The Jampack build, in comparison/contrast to the promotional disc build:
- Adds the final game's background FMV.
- Retains the original title and logo of Burnout 3, but the logo is lighter in color and its flame effect is removed.
- This logo can be seen in the final game on the World Circuit Racer and in a slightly modified form on the Oval Racer Special.
- Uses a full-size copyright symbol for the copyright text instead of the superscript one used in the promo build.
and in comparison/contrast to the final game:
- Swaps the "Press START" and copyright texts.
- Removes the "in association with Electronic Arts" text.
- Features lighter blue borders at the top and bottom of the screen.
- Places the game's trademark on the copyright line instead of integrating it into the game's logo.
The Burnout series
|GameCube||Burnout • 2: Point of Impact (Prototypes)|
|PlayStation 2||Burnout • 2: Point of Impact (Prototypes) • 3: Takedown (Prototypes) • Revenge (Prototypes) • Dominator (Prototype)|
|Xbox||Burnout • 2: Point of Impact (Prototypes) • 3: Takedown (Prototypes) • Revenge (Prototypes)|
|PlayStation Portable||Legends (Prototypes) • Dominator|
|Xbox 360||Revenge • Paradise|
|Windows||Paradise • Paradise: Remastered|
|PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch||Paradise: Remastered|