Proto:Mega Man 8 (PlayStation)/Prototype 2
This is a sub-page of Proto:Mega Man 8 (PlayStation).
- No bolts in this build. However, you can set the amount of bolts through hacking. Doing this also shows that the maximal amount of bolts hasn't been finalized yet.
- No cutscenes.
- The Capcom logo is the one from the PS1 version of Rockman X3. Strangely, it is followed by a soundless version of the Capcom logo from the final version.
- The main menu's background is blue, since the animation from the main menu is missing.
- Rockman's voice is different and only has one voice clip when selecting a stage.
- Both of these modes can be initiated anywhere in the game, even the title screen and level select screen.
- Pressing Select in either of these modes exits them and returns you to the spot where you initiated them.
- Pressing Circle on Controller 2 resets the stage.
Pressing L2 + R2 + Circle allows you to look all around the map, even outside of boundaries.
Pressing L2 + R2 + Circle again displays tile data.
Pressing L2 + R2 + Triangle brings up the sprite table.