Proto:SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge (Game Boy Advance)/November 28, 2000 Prototype
This is a sub-page of Proto:SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge (Game Boy Advance).
|Download November 28, 2000 Prototype
File: SBSPants_Old.bin (356 KB) (info)
Being the earliest incarnation of SuperSponge in game form (if you don't count the first commit to the Playstation port from August 29, 2000 found here), the prototype dated November 28, 2000 is a sight to behold. Not only does it happen to be the only one that dates from that year, but it turns out to be quite a visual treat as well, even compared to some later prototypes.
|Title Screen||Main Menu|
- Both the title screen and main menu use wallpapers formerly found at Nick.com.
- Unlike later prototypes and the final game, there are no menu options.
- No music or sound effects are present.
- Upon passing the main menu, you are greeted with an animation of a waving distorted sprite of SpongeBob that takes up the entire screen, presumably a demo of the engine's abilities.
- The level itself is the only one playable, and resembles nothing from the final game in terms of both graphics and level design. There is an inaccessible door at the end.
- SpongeBob uses an entirely different render that takes up a far greater amount of screen space.
- It is impossible to interact with the level; SpongeBob is treated as if he is walking on a flat platform at all times.
- You can do a chopping-esque move by pressing the B button. No other abilities from the final game are present.