Proto:Yume Nikki/Version 0.08
This is a sub-page of Proto:Yume Nikki.
Version 0.08 of Yume Nikki was built on July 23, 2005; three months after v0.07.
In general, v0.08 can be considered an expansion of v0.07, as they share many structural similarities.
- 1 Sub-Page
- 2 General Differences from v0.07
- 3 Map Differences
- 4 Unused Maps
- 5 Debug Maps
- 6 Graphical Changes
- 7 References
| Unused Graphics|
The FACE event might have had a unique door!
General Differences from v0.07
- v0.08 is the first version to display a version number on the title screen. Unlike later versions, the coloring of the number is purple.
|v0.07 and Earlier||v0.08||v0.09||v0.10|
- The red/black menu scheme has been added, and can be obtained from the friendly Toriningen in the Mall.
13 maps have been added since v0.07 for a total of 134, compared to 179 in v0.10.
v0.08 is the first version to introduce Number World, relegating the classic version of Lamp World to a simplified sub-area.
Several iconic events debuted in v0.08, including Uboa, FACE, and the Kalimba TV Channel.
Comparisons can be found on the Map and Event Differences sub-pages.
These maps exist in v0.10, but not in v0.08.
- Sky Garden
- Ghost World
- The Underground World
- The Spaceship
- The Staircase of Hands
- Mall Roof
- The Falling Man
- Famicom Glitch
- Melting Madotsuki
- UFOs on Mars
- The Witch's Flight
- The Spaceship Crash
Due to a potential oversight, the FC Pyramids are inaccessible in v0.08 due to some tiles on the shore of FC World B blocking access to them. If entered through illegitimate means, it is fully functional. v0.09 would allow proper access to this area by adjusting the path to it.
FC World Peninsula
This unused map also exists in the two following versions, but has a somewhat different appearance in v0.08. Most notably, the hand motif is absent.
Unlike v0.10, it's possible to exit this area to enter FC World C at coordinates (84, 35), at the top of the middle island.
Main Debug Map
Internally named Test Map 1.
It's similar to v0.07's debug room with a few new features.
- Interacting with Nekoin will give you all the effects and teleport Madotsuki inside the shack in the Barracks Settlement where the Seahorse is.
- The Squish-Squish NPC in the game's regular art style has been relegated here. It was formerly located in the Barracks Settlement in v0.07.
- Two images from the FACE event scroll over the screen horizontally. Removing them from view is not possible unless you disable/delete the event in RPG Maker. This event is labeled EV0009 at coordiantes (11, 5).
- NASU was added, and interacting with it yields an event that may serve as a precursor to the unused NASU Link event found in v0.09.
- If the player's high score in NASU is greater than or equal to 1310 (variable 78), there is a 1/64 chance of being sent to FC World C.
- The player is otherwise sent to the FC Pyramids in either case.
Four teleportation tiles are present on the upper left side, around the cyan tile. From left to right, their destinations are as follows:
- Outside the boundaries on the north side of Face Carpet Plaza.
- Near the knife in Dark World.
- Near the gate that leads to Face Carpet Plaza in Forest World. Snowing will occur upon teleporting.
- The cyan tile teleports to the pyramid in the Checkered Tile Path.
- Directly left of NASU is a tile that teleports to the FACE event.
These teleportation tiles would be carried over to v0.09.
Stairs Debug Map
Internally named Test Map 2. It's identical to previous versions, but makes its final appearance here. v0.09 would delete this map, leaving only its tileset.
The same differences present in v0.07 still apply, unless stated otherwise.
Monoe now uses the final version of her picture.
The flabby-looking sprites have been added, and are used in the shack in the Barracks Settlement that the Squish-Squish effect was formerly obtained from. The rest of the Squish-Squish's sprites can only be seen in the debug map now.
Lamp World Eye
In Lamp World, the eye tile that can be stepped on after getting caught by a Toriningen uses a different sprite than v0.10.
The Seahorse found in the Barracks Settlement has a more simplistic appearance, and was originally purple.
FC World Aztec Walls
The Aztec walls found in the FC Ruins are colored differently.
- https://mega.nz/file/RNAUED6Q#aCKJcZm4OXdKaxdQolb8Hr_miam6bQdXbe59fUwLJPA Original download link (Game is packed in an LZH archive that can turn the filenames into mojibake on non-Japanese locales).
- https://youtu.be/SkvX_npNk_g Eloy