|This game was never completed and/or given a public release.|
As a result of this, keep in mind that the developers might have used or deleted some of the content featured here, had the game actually reached store shelves.
The SNES SpellCraft is a port of the MS-DOS game of the same name, which was apparently cancelled before it was released. However, a ROM exists and is in relatively complete shape.
The beginning of the ROM has a bit of credit text from the developers:
SpellCraft SNESVersion 01.10a Copyright 1993 ASCII Entertainment Software, Inc. Written by Scott Nelson and Jeff Davies
There are a total of five secret messages from the developers hidden in the ROM. They all use a simple byte-pair encoding compression scheme.
- Secret Message #1
- I would like to say hello to a few of my special friends the A+P's, here's a list... Doug A, Tony B, Jeff B, Nick C, Frank E, Gio, Jim H, Dave L, Eric M, Dennis M, Jay M, Brian N, Mike P, Brian S, Tom S, and Dave S.
- Here are more great friends and family: Patty D, Becky D, Silvia D, Kristen D, Danielle F, Tami F, Rick F, Katie G, Brian J, Brian K, Mike M, Bonnie M, Kelly P, Paul R, Joe and Elizabeth S, Rich S, Erik S, Pete S, Jordi and Nicholas, my dog Alex, and the others.
- Secret Message #2
- I would like to take a minute and thank Katie G for all the sacrifices she has made for me. I am really grateful you allowed me to peruse my dreams and leave after 5 years together. Your unselfishness can never be repaid, but I want you to know I'm sorry for what I put you through. I still love you. I hope you and Paul have a great life together and a wonderful marriage, if it happens.
- Secret Message #3
- This is Bonnie M, the woman I should of married. But, because of my stupidity and fear of commitment, I have lost her forever.
- Bonnie, you are the greatest woman I've ever dated. Best of friends, what more could I want? I'm again sorry for what I've done to us and will regret it the rest of my life.
- I hate making mistakes!
- I love you Bonnie!
- Secret Message #4
- "And then there were none." Mike M
- "Sounds like a good idea to me." Scott N
- "It's not my fault!" Rima L
- "I gotta go, I'm gonna get in trouble." Chip K
- "What's Justin doing back?!?! I thought we said no!" Chip K
- "It'll never happen!" Kevin C
- "Shut up, all of you!" Justin W
- "Vegetable oil" Jeff D
- "Conformity is its' own punishment." D Crisis
- We cracked the candy machine! Free food for everyone!
- "Now if we could only get free drinks." Jeff D
- "Invisibility would be nice if it worked." Tim R
- "Beware Jeff's having a bad day!" Bonnie M
- "Randel's paying for lunch? Great, I'm going!" The Staff
- Secret Message #5
- Some of our favorite things....
- Multi-player video games.
- Desmond's blue hair
- Regular and Diet Mt Dew soda
- Caffeine, Caffeine, and more Caffeine!
- The San Jose Sharks
- Roller hockey
- Animation festivals
- Computer animation
- Our top 10 lists
- Opera Night at Scott's favorite Italian restaurant.
- Free lunches
- ASCIIPad and Super Advantage controllers!
- And you for playing our game.
- Thank you!
- A promotional fee has been paid by ASCII Entertainment Software, Inc.
Super Smash T.V. Leftovers
Present at offset 0x00697D is a direct copy of every stage name from Super Smash T.V. for...some reason.
ARENA 1 COLLECT 10 KEYS! COLLECT POWERUPS! MEET MR. SHRAPNEL BONUS PRIZES! EAT MY SHRAPNEL TOTAL CARNAGE CROWD CONTROL TANK TROUBLE MUTOID MAN! SECRET ROOM #1! ORBS! MEET MY TWIN SMASH 'EM FIRE POWER IS NEEDED! SLAUGHTER 'EM LAZER DEATH ZONE MEET SCARFACE! ROWDY DROIDS VACUUM CLEAN SECRET ROOM #2! METAL DEATH WATCH YOUR STEP FILM AT 11 DEFEND ME TURTLES NEARBY CHUNKS GALORE! THESE ARE FAST! BUFFALO HERD NEARBY! NO DICE TEMPLE ALERT SCORPION FEVER COBRA JUST AHEAD! WALLS OF PAIN LAST ARENA? COBRA DEATH! TURTLES BEWARE! EXTRA SAUCE ACTION! SECRET ROOM #3! SECRET ROOMS NEARBY! ENJOY MY WEALTH NO TURTLES ALLOWED! TURTLE CHUNKS NEEDED DYNAMITE COBRA BOSS USE THE BUFFALO GUN WITNESS TOTAL CARNAGE SECRET ROOMS NEARBY! ALMOST ENOUGH KEYS YOU HAVE ENOUGH KEYS! EAT MY EYEBALLS! PLEASURE DOME! NOT ENOUGH KEYS!