Creatures (commonly referred to as Creatures 1 to differentiate it from later entries in the series) is the first in the series of Creatures games. It's an artificial life simulation game full of some of the most annoying adorable creatures you'll ever meet!
Creatures was originally developed for DOS and codenamed Albia. One prototype version dates back to March 22, 1994.
Read morePrevious • Archive • Next
- • The game runs on DOS, using VGA Mode 13h. The game uses pixel art instead of a physical diorama.
- • Norns can't die in this prototype.
- • To switch between Norns, one must approach another Norn, then drag a scanning above the active Norn to the desired Norn.
- • To change which commands are recognized, the player can click on the blackboard.
- • A hot-air balloon is present.
- • The player can see the stats by switching screens on the bottom, but with little indication as to what changes these.
- • Day and night cycles can be noticed.
- • Within the prototype, there are seven BRN files - one for the selected Norn (Adam), two Grendels, two other Norns, and two 'sides'.