Wing Commander (DOS)
Developer: Origin Systems
This game has hidden development-related text.
In the original floppy disk version, enter Origin (case sensitive, with a capital O) as a command prompt argument. In the CD and GOG versions, change this in the .bat file. The following debug controls will be at your disposal:
|Alt + M||Show memory usage|
|Alt + Z||Self-destruct|
|Alt + Del||Targeted/Visible ship(s) explode|
|Alt + O||Destroy cockpit sections (doesn't work in all versions)|
|Ctrl + Alt + S||Invert graphics (doesn't work in all versions)|
|Alt + keypad +||Decrease time between frames|
(speeds the game up)
|Alt + keypad -||Increase time between frames|
(slows the game down)
|I||Toggle Current Intelligence factor display|
|O||Toggle Eject siren|
|Ctrl + V||Version info|
|Ctrl + P||Pause game (w/o pause graphic)|
The game will print memory usage stats when it exits.
Entering Origin -k (again, case sensitive) in the command prompt makes the player invincible by giving them unlimited shields, as well as make all of the above cheats available.
There are also some mission selection commands to put in at the command prompt:
|s(n1) m(n2)||Choose which level to play in;|
n1 is a series number,
while n2 is a mission number.
|w(n)||Show a cinematic. n ranges from 1 to 22.|
Going to a cinematic that doesn't exist will
make a placeholder screen with "Pre animation %d"
appear on the screen. Mission-specific scenes also
require the above command(s).
|l||Play a single mission. This also bypasses|
the copy protection questions.
briefing.002 are part of the Secret Missions expansion packs that contain briefing text and associated lip-sync data. For a large number of lines, the lip sync information doesn't match what's being spoken, generally taking one of the following placeholders for a subliminal message:
- bimororigingamslikwincamandirtoo (buy more origin games like wing commander two)
- onleasuperpilotlikmarccanwinthismissinhaha (only a super pilot like mark can win this mission ha ha)
- thisisalinofgenericfonetics (this is a line of generic phonetics)
- tisisafungamanuarhavinafuntim (this is a fun game and you are having a fun time)
- uwilluvthesekretmissensframjahnandstev (you will love the secret missions from john and steve)
- sensten3wevbenjumpigarandlakkraze (since ten three we've been jumping around like crazy)
The same lip sync text appears in the Windows port, with the exception that the files are uncompressed.
The Wing Commander series
|DOS||Wing Commander • Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi • Wing Commander: Privateer (Righteous Fire)|
|SNES||Wing Commander • Wing Commander: The Secret Missions|
|Mac OS Classic||Super Wing Commander|
|Game Boy Advance||Wing Commander: Prophecy|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Origin Systems
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Origin Systems
- DOS games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 1990
- Games with hidden development-related text
- Games with debugging functions
- Games with hidden level selects
- Wing Commander series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Games > Games by content > Games with debugging functions
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden development-related text
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden level selects
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Electronic Arts > Games developed by Origin Systems
Games > Games by platform > DOS games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Electronic Arts > Games published by Origin Systems
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 1990
Games > Games by series > Wing Commander series