If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Proto:Sonic Spinball (Genesis)
From The Cutting Room Floor
Revision as of 14:05, 28 January 2012 by BrandyBogard
This page details one or more prototype versions of Sonic Spinball (Genesis).
|Download Sonic Spinball (Prototype)
File: Sonic Spinball (Prototype).bin (1.25 MB) (info)
The prototype of Sonic Spinball is not much different from the final.
- No sparkle sound effect played during the Sega screen. The propeller sound is also different.
- Different / glitchy intro. The video also plays before the title screen instead of after.
- The title screen lacks a ™ near the Sega copyright.
- There is no Options screen.
- There are some different or missing messages from the scrolling bar on the top of the screen.
- A debug mode can be activated by simply pausing the game and moving with the D-Pad. This is glitchy, however, as items may be stuck on-screen after entering/exiting debug.
- Different sound effects and music speeds up at some points (especially in bosses).
- Animals that appear from badniks are different.
- Boss graphics remain mainly intact on defeat.
- No eruption timer.
- The safety lids are referred to as "hatchways".
- Sonic is off-center in the cutscene when collecting an Emerald.
- Falling into the water at the bottom of the stage means instant death, rather than a two-second wait after splashing.
- There is a layer of sludge around the bucket.
- Using the switch that moves the bridge up will play a small Sonic 2 sound byte.
- Ferrons are called "Forebots".
- There is an extra badnik.
- Trigger on the boss is more helpful.
- The final boss is invincible, likely because the ending sequence had not been implemented yet. Due to this, the game cannot be beaten.
- Very incomplete. Only the Robotnik tooth-bashing level is available, and even then it has different colors and a garbled screen behind him.
(Source: Sonic Retro)