Revision as of 04:38, 27 December 2013
The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look.
Developers: Epic MegaGames, Orange Games
Publishers: Gathering of Developers, MacPlay (Mac OS Classic)
Released: 1998, Windows, Mac OS Classic
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was a huge step up from its predecessor, but it didn't become a huge financial success by any means thanks to it being a 2D platformer released at a time where 3D games were all the rage. However, it did gain a cult following and has become something of a platforming classic for several PC gamers.
It also has a fair amount of hidden content lying within, ranging from unused bosses to several unused graphics.
Were You Aware...
- ...that the Atari 7800 port of Karateka wants to plant subliminal messages in your brain?
- ...that Zeromus got a makeover in the Japan-exclusive Easy Type version of Final Fantasy IV?
- ...that Mega Man Zero 3 had e-Reader support that was cut from all non-Japanese releases?
- ...that the PC version of Plants vs. Zombies has a page of unused minigames?
- ...that Side Arms Hyper Dyne uses "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to test the game's sound engine?
- ...that there's space in the NES Metroid cart for a save battery?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!