The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look.
Developer: Telltale Games
Publisher: The Adventure Company (US), JoWooD Productions (EU)
Released: 2006-2007, Windows, Wii, Xbox 360
Sam & Max Save the World is an episodic series of adventure games, resulting from the canning of Sam and Max: Freelance Police. It arguably revived adventure games for the modern audience. It appears to have gone through a few re-writes, resulting in lots of unused dialogue and some unused graphics.
Did You Know...
- ...that the original arcade version of Donkey Kong has a congratulatory message to those who could decompile the game?
- ... that the SNES version of The Itchy & Scratchy Game has unused conversations between Bart and Lisa?
- ...that the battle courses from Super Mario Kart were planned to be included in Mario Kart: Super Circuit?
- ...that Conker's Bad Fur Day has a model for a Pikachu tail, part of a cutscene that was cut at Nintendo's request?
- ...that Commando was originally called Combat, and was renamed Space Invasion in West Germany?
- ...that DuckTales has a third ending with a very obscure unlocking method?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!