The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look.
Developer: Telltale Games
Publisher: The Adventure Company (US), JoWooD Productions (EU)
Released: 2006-2007, Windows, Wii, Xbox 360
Sam & Max Save the World is an episodic series of adventure games, resulting from the canning of Sam and Max: Freelance Police. It arguably revived adventure games for the modern audience. It appears to have gone through a few re-writes, resulting in lots of unused dialogue and some unused graphics.
Did You Know...
- ...that Mickey Mania on the Genesis has a special message that can only be seen by changing the region of the console after the game has loaded?
- ...that Mechanized Attack has an actual, factual nude code?
- ...that many of the special items in Landstalker were censored from the Japanese version?
- ...that Sonic the Hedgehog Mobile has graphics for the Marble Zone UFOs seen in early screenshots and footage of the Genesis original?
- ...that Commando was originally called Combat, and was renamed Space Invasion in West Germany?
- ...that DuckTales has a third ending with a very obscure unlocking method?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
- Common things that can be found in hundreds of different games
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!