The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look.
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Released: 2004, GameCube
Pikmin 2 is a real-time strategy game and the sequel to the first game. Hence the 2. This game fixes one of the main problems people had with the first game, the time limit, and adds many, many more items to collect.
This game has enough unused content to fill an entire other game. There are unused caves, a debug field, treasures (three sets!), text, music, graphics, and even an early English script! It's also probably the largest page on the wiki. So that's something.
Did You Know...
- ...that The New Tetris contains a gigantic amount of hidden rants and ASCII art? And that it took hackers only three days to find?
- ...that Mario Paint has hidden features that are disabled by default?
- ...that Joanna Dark is Asian in the Japanese version of Perfect Dark?
- ...that Scorched Earth had a couple of very buggy lasers in Version 1.1?
- ...that Side Arms Hyper Dyne uses "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to test the game's sound engine?
- ...that there's space in the NES Metroid cart for a save battery?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!