The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look.
Released: 1988, NES/Famicom
Bionic Commando was a game that had Nazis in it; so was massively censored by Nintendo, having all references to Nazis replaced with "The Badds" (except for the fact that if you made it all the way to the end, you got to fight Hitler). It's a fun platformer, but oddly enough you can't actually jump in it. It has a lot of unused and censored content, including unused areas, and unused dialogue, but the regional differences are, quite expectedly, where most of the differences lie.
Did You Know...
- ...that the original arcade version of Donkey Kong has a congratulatory message to those who could decompile the game?
- ...that the original arcade version of Donkey Kong wasn't developed exclusively by Nintendo?
- ...that Norimaro in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter has an unused nosebleed attack? (Yes, you read that right.)
- ...that Blaster Master has an unused 8th special item that not even Blaster Master Underground knew about?
- ...that graphics for a unused blimp object exist in Castlevania Bloodlines?
- ...that Mafia II's storyline was originally much longer and had four different endings?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!