If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
The Cutting Room Floor:Advertising
From The Cutting Room Floor
Revision as of 17:30, 21 June 2015 by Xkeeper (someone mentioned it)
Advertising pays the bills, but we're adamant about not annoying you with them.
Ads are run by Project Wonderful. You can sign up there and run ads on this site if you want!
Ad box promises:
- Ads are static images or GIFs only. No flash/audio ads, ever! This ad box doesn't even support those.
- No obnoxiously-animated ads (flashing, etc).
- Nothing NSFW. This is baked into the ad box policy, but if something slips through it will be reported and taken down immediately.
- Do these ads track my history/location/etc?
- Project Wonderful ads are run on a "location" based off your IP -- either US, Canada, Asia, or "elsewhere". Nothing finer is used, and everyone in your area sees what you see. There is no deeper level of tracking, since ads are based on time ran, not visits, views, or clicks.
- If people can bid, can someone place a flash/video/audio ad?
- Our ad box does not support anything other than static images and GIFs. No flash, ever. We hate it too!
- What if someone places a rapidly-flashing ad or NSFW ad?
- As soon as someone notifies me, I can cancel the ad and ban them from ever advertising here again. I have complete control over what is shown in the ad box, and can cancel any bid at any time for any (or no) reason.
- Can I just donate instead?
- Why, yes!