From The Cutting Room Floor
This page contains notes for the game Pikmin.
To get the Windows debugging executable to run on your machine, follow these steps:
- Extract the entire Pikmin ISO onto a folder on your computer.
- Get a copy of MSVCRTD.DLL, very carefully search around the internet for one of the following versions:
- 6.0.8168.8 (md5: 2760781da57e727ba519af0139b4b1bc)
- 6.0.8797.0 (md5: 01c72cfcaaed3a7564e5b893b7712d28)
- 6.0.9782.0 [SP6] (md5: 65f232ae50755a6fbf72dac2977a118f)
- Place MSVCRTD.DLL on the same folder as sysBootup.exe.
- Rename the "plugins" folder to "plugins2" and create a new empty folder named "plugins".
- Create a shortcut to sysBootup.exe, then edit its properties, and on the "Shortcut" tab of the properties, add " +output +plugins plugins2 +client PikiGame" (no quotes, leading space included) after everything on the "Destination" box.
- Run the shortcut.