The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look.
Released: 1995, Super Nintendo
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is a dramatically different game from Super Mario World. Rather than controlling Mario, the player controls Yoshi and has to guide baby Mario to safety. As with its antecedent, it has quite a bit of unused content.
Among the more notable content hidden in the game, there are sprites for baby Mario crawling, some scrapped transformations, and even a dragon coin.
There is even a little bit of art from when the game had a different art style.
Did You Know...
- ...that there's a cheat that gives Bond a paired rocket launcher and sniper rifle in the Japanese version of GoldenEye?
- ...that Zeromus got a makeover in the Japan-exclusive Easy Type version of Final Fantasy IV?
- ...that Side B of the Apple II Karateka diskette has an upside-down version of the game?
- ...that Journey to Silius started out as a Terminator game?
- ...that the debug rooms in Metroid Fusion use graphics from Wario Land 4?
- ...that Sonic Mega Collection has an unused video filmed in San Francisco?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!