This game has unused animations.
In Amazing Island, you can create your very own monster and make it compete in various minigames.
Is the reprint a new revision?
The code 042F2AA0 00000001 will allow you to toggle a debug menu by pressing L + R + Start.
Koya Debug Mode
- Buildmonsview - A test area to check how the skeletons load in-game, though the unused ones cannot be found here. Most of the menus are in Japanese, some activate the creator to go to a certain Skeleton and load its model in the builder. Sometimes a monster you load will appear here for no reason besides maybe lighting and debug reasons.
- Buildmons - Goes to a bugged-out version of the creator with Japanese text. Maybe a test version?
- Japanese Text? Option 3 - Seemingly an element test for lighting, textures, models, and sounds that will load in the engine used for this game. There's hundreds of debug graphics here, including from Godzilla, Star Trek, Contra, Nintendo, Gundam Wing, and several Sega games.
- Japanese Text? Option 4
- NPCview - Lets you view the various NPCs and their aninations.
- skeltonview - Lets you view the Skeletons you can use in the monster creator.
- Monsterview - Lets you view all the monsters you can get as cards, plus another 80-100 unused and untextured monsters.
Thanks to the debug code and help from third-party tools by CosmoCourtney. You can view three unused Monster Skeletons. They can be loaded in the creator, but due to having little to no animation compared to the other completed Skeletons the game will freeze or crash after selecting them.
Present in debug mode are a few unused NPCs: a boy, and a reskinned female protagonist model located next to the scoreboard in the data (possibly was going to be a "talk to her for high-score!" but removed). She even has a leftover blue eyebrows texture for her blonde hair.
When using the debugger you can view animations of the "evilings" and all of their unused animations as well as the cut NPCs.
Boy with glasses animations (he has a weird glitch maybe because of the debug view of him but his mouth keeps changing textures each frame):