The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look. If you want to help keep this site running and help further research into games, feel free to donate.
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Released: 2007, Wii
Super Mario Galaxy takes traditional platforming and sets it deep in space in one of the best video games of all time. Left over in the game are traces of all the ideas that didn't quite make it into the game, from lost planets to unused enemies to early models. A few of these ideas were worked into the sequel.
Did You Know...
- ...that Yujix Terada hid his name in Dirty Pair: Project Eden by placing it in the overscan area at the bottom of the screen?
- ...that the Game Boy Camera has all of the content used in an undumped CoroCoro Comics version that was never released to the public?
- ...that Mega Man: The Power Battle has many dummied-out features that would make their way into the sequel?
- ...that Blaster Master has an unused 8th special item that not even Blaster Master Underground knew about?
- ...that Mortal Kombat II and Mortal Kombat 3 have fake character names that were deliberately put in to fool people poking around in the code?
- ...that Kirby was supposed to have a Mini ability as early as Kirby's Adventure?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
- Common things that can be found in hundreds of different games
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!