The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look.
Developer: Toby Fox
Released: 2015, Windows
Undertale took the whole RPG concept to a whole new level. With the creative writing, powerful story, and touching moments, there's no surprise why this game has such a large following.
There's quite an amount of unused sounds, dialogue, and graphics left over in the game.
Did You Know...
- ...that the 1986 game Ganso Saiyuuki has a filthy message from the game's designer?
- ...that in Portal 2, the two people in co-op were once not robots, but Chell and Mel, a palette-swap?
- ...that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game has an unused laser gun power-up?
- ...that Rugrats: Time Travelers has an unused graphic of a CD labeled "Microsoft World Domination 99"?
- ...that the Game Boy Color version of Dragon Warrior III has Dragon Warrior IV-related content in it?
- ...that the instructions for reaching the final stage of the NES X-Men were hidden in the in-game text?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!