The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look.
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Released: 2004, GameCube
Pikmin 2 is a real-time strategy game and the sequel to the first game. Hence the 2. This game fixes one of the main problems people had with the first game, the time limit, and adds many, many more items to collect.
This game has enough unused content to fill an entire other game. There are unused caves, a debug field, treasures (three sets!), text, music, graphics, and even an early English script! It's also probably the largest page on the wiki. So that's something.
Did You Know...
- ...that the Amiga version of Dragon's Lair has a message to crackers, asking them to wait a while before cracking the game...and it worked?
- ...that the Famicom Maniac Mansion has a hidden apology for its 104-character passwords?
- ...that Joanna Dark is Asian in the Japanese version of Perfect Dark?
- ...that Scorched Earth had a couple of very buggy lasers in Version 1.1?
- ...that Bullet Bills were meant to appear in the Game Boy version of Yoshi?
- ...that Lakitu's behavior in Super Mario Bros. is the result of a bug?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
- Common things that can be found in hundreds of different games
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!