The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games. From debug menus, to unused music, graphics, enemies, or levels, many games have content never meant to be seen by anybody but the developers — or even meant for everybody, but cut due to time/budget constraints.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look. If you want to help keep this site running and help further research into games, feel free to donate.
Publisher: Square (JP, US), Sony Computer Entertainment (EU)
Released: 1991, SNES; 2002, PlayStation
Final Fantasy IV is the first SNES game in the Final Fantasy series. It has loads of differences not only between the original Japanese and American/Easy Type versions, but also between the SNES and PlayStation versions. There are some oddities here and there as well.
All Featured Blurbs
Did You Know...
- ...that D/Generation originally had the player infiltrate into Genox with a zip line?
- ...that the original arcade version of Donkey Kong wasn't developed exclusively by Nintendo?
- ...that Joanna Dark is Asian in the Japanese version of Perfect Dark?
- ...that Scorched Earth had a couple of very buggy lasers in Version 1.1?
- ...that Commando was originally called Combat, and was renamed Space Invasion in West Germany?
- ...that DuckTales has a third ending with a very obscure unlocking method?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
- Common things that can be found in hundreds of different games
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!