The Cutting Room Floor 是一个专注于发掘和研究电子游戏中未使用或删减内容的网站。许多游戏有着除开发者外不为大众所知的内容，包括调试菜单、未使用的音乐、图像、敌人和关卡 — 它们也有可能本应公开，但由于时间或资金不足而被删减。
Developer: Black Isle Studios
Released: 1999, Windows
Planescape: Torment follows The Nameless One, a man who can never truly die, and his quest to discover why he is trapped in this endless cycle and, later on, what can change the nature of a man. Considered one of the best written RPGs out there, it is a cult classic with a devout following.
Quite a few graphics were scrapped for the final game, including a set of graphics for the enigmatic Lady of Pain. There is also a huge amount of unused voiced lines, particularly for Morte and Annah. Like any good RPG, there are also a few removed quests.
While The Nameless One might not be able to know what can change the nature of a man, you can know what can change the nature of a game's content by reading this article.
Did You Know...
- ...that several unused bosses exist in Cuphead's data?
- ...that the Game Boy version of Yoshi's Cookie was once called Hermetica?
- ...that Side B of the Apple II Karateka diskette has an upside-down version of the game?
- ...that Journey to Silius started out as a Terminator game?
- ...that Side Arms Hyper Dyne uses "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to test the game's sound engine?
- ...that there's space in the NES Metroid cart for a save battery?
In April 2020, a leaked copy of the source code of Pokémon Gold and Silver was released on the internet. The source code was found to contain a sea of pre-release material detailing the development of Generation II.
In these files is a collection of sprites found in an internal backup dated May 6, 1998. These sprites represent a later version of the game than the one seen in the Spaceworld '97 demo, and include many cut Pokémon that have not been seen elsewhere to date. Any additional data regarding these scrapped Pokémon (names, move data, stats, evolutionary data, etc.) is not known to exist. The first 151 Pokémon match the Pokédex order, while the others appear to be strewn about haphazardly, seemingly without much care. These sprites shown depict the older designs for Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Bayleef.