The Cutting Room Floor er et nettsted dedikert til å oppdage og dokumentere skjult innhold i videospill. Fra feilsøkingsmenyer til ubrukt musikk, grafikk, fiender eller nivåer, mange videospill har innhold aldri ment å bli sett av noen andre enn utviklerne — eller til og med ment for alle, men kutt på grunn av tids-/budsjettbegrensninger.
Feel free to browse our collection of games and start reading. Up for research? Try looking at some stubs and see if you can help us out. Just have some faint memory of some unused menu/level you saw years ago but can't remember how to access it? Feel free to start a page with what you saw and we'll take a look. If you want to help keep this site running and help further research into games, feel free to donate.
Developer: Sonic Team
Released: 1998, Dreamcast
Sonic Adventure is Sonic's big step into 3D platforming, but depending on the person you ask, it may either hold up or be a step in the wrong direction. Nevertheless, it is a staple among the Dreamcast library even to this day.
A lot of content was removed during its development, including a giant mechanical dragon. Due to the game being rushed out for the holidays for its Japanese release, there's even more unused content found only in the Japanese release, as it hadn't been cleaned to make way for new content.
There are also many prototypes, the earliest of which contains a good amount of content either changed or deleted for the final version.
Did You Know...
- ...that the original arcade version of Donkey Kong has a congratulatory message to those who could decompile the game?
- ...both Hidden Agenda and The Transnium Challenge summon Satan if a graphic is missing?
- ...that the Japanese version of Factory Panic has Gorbachev as the protagonist, but changed to a much more generic character in the International releases?
- ...that the stage select in the Genesis version of Sonic 3D Blast doubles as an exception handler?
- ...that due to the video game crash of 1983, Midnight Magic was released three years after it was completed?
- ...that inside the Mario Kart Arcade GP ROM, there exists a picture of the Beslan school hostage crisis, a major terrorist attack?
Want to contribute? Not sure where to begin? Visit the Help page for everything you need to get started, including...
- Instructions for creating and editing articles
- Guides that will help you find debug modes, unused graphics, hidden levels, and more
- A list of what needs to be done
- Common things that can be found in hundreds of different games
We also have a sizable list of games that either don't have pages yet, or whose pages are in serious need of expansion. Check it out!