Bad News Baseball
|Bad News Baseball|
This game has regional differences.
Bad News Baseball is a sports game where you can perform a home run so powerful it knocks baseballs into outer space.
It's not very realistic, to say the least.
Get better translations of the Japanese names, list all the team logo/color differences and cover the other changes (including voice samples)
Other than the obvious translation changes, a few things on the title screen were touched up for the American release.
- The menu and copyright were given a different, better-looking font.
- The copyright text itself was extended.
- The trademark symbol was moved down and made blue.
The teams were changed from random things in the Japanese version to Canadian and American cities/states in the American version. Of note is that each of the twelve logos in the Japanese version corresponds to a Nippon Professional Baseball team of the time (in order: Chunichi Dragons, Lotte Orions, Fukuoka Daiei Hawks, Hankyu Braves, Nippon-Ham Fighters, Kintetsu Buffaloes, Seibu Lions, Hanshin Tigers, Yakult Swallows, Yokohama Taiyo Whales, Hiroshima Carp and Yomiuri Giants).
|Team Name (Japan)||Translation||Team Name (US)|
"Gigants" is an intentional misspelling—the Japanese text specifically reads ぎがんつ (gigantsu), and not じゃいあんつ (jaiantsu), which would be a more accurate rendering of "Giants". This was probably done because of the lack of an NPB license.
In addition to the background being darker, every team's color was changed for the US release.
|Team Name (Japan/US)||Jersey Color (Japan)||Jersey Color (US)|
|Dogs/San Francisco||Light Blue and Dark Blue||White and Black|
|Orbits/Toronto||Blue and Magenta||White and Light Blue|
|Homers/Detroit||Vermilion and Dark Green||Gray and Black|
|Bruisers/Boston||Olive and Blue||White and Magenta|
|Fevers/Texas||White and Light Pink||Light Pink and Blue|
|Bumpers/Oakland||Gray and Magenta||Olive and Dark Green|
|Liners/Minnesota||White and Light Blue||Light Gray and Purple|
|Troopers/St. Louis||Gray and Black||Light Purple and Magenta|
|Skyers/New York||Light Pink and Blue||Vermilion and Blue|
|Wings/Chicago||White and Blue||Light Blue and Blue|
|Cats/Atlanta||White and Magenta||White and Purple|
|Gigants/Los Angeles||White and Black||White and Blue|
Translate the Japanese version's staff roll.
Both versions have a completely different staff roll.
|Helper of Darkness|
|♪♪Sound Composed By♪♪
|♪♪ はひはひ うぃ～ん♪と おとやさんたち ♪♪
|♪♪ Voice ♪♪
|Special Thanks To
|すぺしゃるに さんくすしたい ひとびと
|The people who want special thanks|
- The roles are in Japanese in the Japanese version, as well as some of the names.
- "Miss Akiko" did the voices in the Japanese version, while in the North American release, the voices were done by Daniel Kahl.
- In the Japanese version, the first Special Thanks To screen has the names in a different order, with Niwakamaru and Yachiyo's names being swapped places.
- Keiji Yamagishi's alias in the Japanese version (Fruits Ponce) was changed to More Yamasan in the North American version.
- The North American version adds a couple credits; Special Thanks To: Bug Check Team and Directed By: Naga, Minato.