Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning/Revisional Differences
This is a sub-page of Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning.
|This page or section needs more images. |
There's a whole lotta words here, but not enough pictures. Please fix this.
Since its initial release, the game has had quite a lot of updates.
All of the information was taken from the official devlog.
- Mouse movement was improved.
- Bully's spawn time has now been extended.
- The You Can Think Pad's exit time has been fixed to be consistent regardless of machine speed.
- Minor fix to the game over screen.
- The "You need rest" warning properly shows up on screen.
- Stamina now recharges much more quickly.
- Jump rope game now starts faster, and doesn't attract Baldi.
- Principal is easier to hear and is less sensitive about seeing the player in faculty only rooms, eating, and drinking.
- The phone and tape player were made much more effective. Now they only make noise instead of the voice clips, make Baldi forget where the last sound he heard was, and prevent him from hearing more sounds for the duration of the audio. The Tape's name was changed to "Baldi Anti Hearing Tape" as well.
- The globes from the principal's office were replaced them with desks.
- Keys was changed to "Principal's Keys."
- An oversight that allowed you to hide behind objects was fixed.
- The music is now quieter.
- An extra shiny quarter and Zesty Bar was added!
- The mouse sensitivity slider now saves.
- Jump rope minigame is slightly harder.
- An exploit that allowed you to open doors while paused was fixed.
- Principal of the Thing no longer whistles randomly when you get your first wrong answer.
- Principal's Keys position was corrected.
- Most globes were resized.
- A bug that could prevent the bully from spawning was patched.
- Bully now lasts longer before despawning.
- NPCs can no longer pass through BSoda.
- A bug that prevented NPCs from moving through Gotta Sweep was eventually fixed.
- The tape player/phone no longer plays while the game is paused or while a learning game is active.
- Playtime's oversight was fixed.
- An extra poster was added.
- A bug that caused the player to get stuck in the jump rope game got fixed.
- Baldi is now harder to hear.
- Baldi is a bit slower.
- Lots of improvements to the ending sequence were made.
- Minor tweaks to the main menu.
- A bug that prevented your stamina from recharging is now fixed.
- The player is now slightly faster when walking through Gotta Sweep than it was before.
- The chairs are now properly attached to the floor and not floating.
- Minor tweaks were made to the BSoda. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problems at all.
- A poster with information about the phone was added.
- Hint added to the ending sequence.
- The BSoda problem was fixed for real.
- A break in the AI path is now patched up.
- The phone is now a little bit easier to reach.
- A bug that could cause the cursor to disappear during the Math game got fixed.
- A new character; 1st Prize was added.
- New endless mode!
- Baldi's speed now increases along a curve; he becomes more threatening more quickly, but his max speed is lower than before.
- Baldi's audio quality is intentionally worse.
- Running out of stamina now no longer slows you down.
- Playtime was slowed down, and she now emits music.
- New hot-keys for item selection.
- A glitch that made Arts and Crafters hard to trigger was fixed.
- New Skybox and outdoors decoration.
- The new items, Safety Scissors, WD-NoSquee, and Alarm Clock, were added.
- It's a Bully's spawn points have changed.
- Eating food is now allowed, and bullying is no longer allowed.
- New pause menu.
- The secret ending was added. WOAH MYSTERY!!1!
- Zesty Bar machines are now a thing.
- A bug involving the alternate ending was fixed.
- Notebook respawn sounds are much louder.
- Playtime now only wanders the halls; she will only enter a room if she sees you, not randomly.
- The WD-NoSquee poster was added.
- The mouse issue was (Finally!) fixed.
- The new custom cursor was added.
- It's a Bully is now easier to be caught bullying by the Principal.
- Baldi has now a tiny speed boost.
- Principal can no longer punish you for running when getting pushed by 1st Prize or Gotta Sweep while holding the run button.
- Lots of yellow doors were added!
- Baldi now hears exits when they disappear.
- Baldi is now slower in endless mode.
- Occlusion culling is now present, improving performance.
- Controller support.
- Player movement was incredibly improved.
- A number pad was added to the You Can Think Pad for touch screen inputs.
- A chalkboard and some paintings had an improvement.
- New rebuilt menu system, with proper screens for story, credits, and options.
- Custom control mapping!
- One of the extra red notebooks was changed to the missing yellow notebook.
- A bug where the Principal of the Thing wouldn't send It's A Bully to detention was fixed.
- A texture bug where the walls next to doors appeared squished is now patched.
- Because of occlusion culling, the schoolhouse no longer renders when in a YCTP resulting in better performance.
- The boring desks now have wood textures.
- NPC navigation was improved for lower spec PCs.
- Baldi is now lip-synced properly.
- Gotta Sweep's bristles were made black in order to avoid considering it as a carbon copy of the Libman Precision Angle Broom. But his poster still looked the same until next version.
- The missing phone poster is back!
- Fixed bug that could cause you to get stuck between a wall and a desk.
- Fixed bug that made the lock not work on the first three yellow doors.
- The back button on play menu is now selectable with a controller.
- Gotta Sweep's poster was updated.
- Re-added Baldi's instructional audio.
- Improved play menu.
- New loading screen.
- Fixed bug that prevented you from using WD-NoSquee on the center door in the east hallway.
- Corrected build settings to support 32-bit operating systems.
Version 1.4.1c (Linux Only)
- Fixes the issues with the previous versions where the screen was only showing a solid color.
Version 1.4.1d (Android only)
Update 1.4.1d is the initial Android release of the game. Other than being glitchy in some devices and adding buttons to the game, it's exactly identical to 1.4.1b.
The name of this version is based on the filename, which is
Version 1.4.2 (Android only)
Along with the update, 2 versions of the game were released, Mono and IL2CPP. IL2CPP is the original Android version. If your device had rendering problems, you could use the Mono version.
- Improves code for the doors and swinging doors.
- An unused time tracking feature for endless mode was removed.
- Adjusted high score text.
- Fixed bug that allowed you to use keys on unlocked doors.
- Added UI size and height options.
- Added "ITEM" text to empty item button.
- Implemented Unity's lightweight rendering pipeline to improve performance.
- Added touch controls to secret room.
- "OK" button can no longer be pressed while the answer box is empty. This is to prevent a wrong answer being accidentally input when mashing the interact button to pick up a notebook.
- Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes pause when leaving the YCTP.
- Some other small optimizations.
- Changed most sprites so that they do should not appear clipped when changing them in order to improve the appearance of mods.
- Added Big Ol' Boots item and a poster hinting at what they do. Originally, they only existed in the birthday bash edition.
- Fixed a bug where walking through certain areas before Arts and Crafters spawned would result in an error.
- Removed the automatic setting from UI size settings on mobile versions.
- Default mobile UI height is now medium.
- "Other minor stuff... Probably".