Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing is infamous for being released in a severely unfinished state, missing such basic things as collision, physics, and even any kind of AI. You can also drive backwards to Ludicrous Speed, but letting go puts you right back at 0 MPH. Quite possibly the worst game ever made...or at the very least, the worst ever sold at retail.
YOU'RE WINNER !
There's a lot more unused files, graphics, and possibly more.
| Log File|
A file with the name of "r3dlog.txt" can be found in the game files.
The title screen from Stellar Stone's spiritual Big Rigs sequel, Midnight Race Club: Supercharged!, is present and identical to the one used in that game.
The credits screen from Midnight Race Club: Supercharged! is present in this game's files as a .psd.
Vehicle Selection Screen
There is a second variant of the vehicle selection screen present in the game files. It is very similar to the one used in the game, except it has a "Change Color" option.
On the texture sheet for the Sunrise W2, there appears to be a picture of a person, apparently named "Durik". It is not assigned to any of the UVs on the model, and thus cannot been seen in gameplay.
Both Thunder, and Thunderbull have trailers fully modeled, but are unused in game. Unlike Thunder, Thunderbull's trailer is rendered on the vehicle select icon.
A wind or plane-like SFX that was apparently intended to be ambiance, judging by the filename.
A rocket-like SFX that was also made for ambiance.
A louder version of the rocket-like SFX, apparently for a waterfall.
A river sound effect, most likely for the "river" in the game.
Aside from the game's vast collection of four semi-trucks, four unused vehicles can be found in Data/Cars/.
A fully functional model and textures for a Ford Expedition are present and can be loaded onto the existing cars easily.
A fully functional model and textures for a Toyota Celica are present and can be loaded onto the existing cars easily.
The model and textures for a Hummer H1 are present, but the materials file needs to be edited before the textures appear in the game.
Two identical sets of model and textures for a Nissan 350Z, both of which can be loaded onto existing cars easily. There also exists a menu preview for the Z350, showing it with a yellow paint job instead of the grey textures present in-game.
The infamous Nightride level, which crashes the game when it tries to load, unsurprisingly has very few resources. The only resources it does have are:
- The level select icons.
- Minor world and environment data.
- The sky's texture (geo_sunset.bmp) and dome model. The texture is actually different to the sky as it appears in the level's menu icon.
Vehicle Switch Key
Pressing the Tab key will allow you to drive the opponent's vehicle, possibly for debugging purposes. However, doing so will often crash the game.
Free Camera Mode
The game has an easily accessible but little known Free Camera mode. It allows full movement around the "tracks" and allows you to still control the vehicle you are linked to.
- C: Activates free camera mode. Pressing it again leaves it and returns the camera to the vehicle you were last controlling.
- W A S D: Pans the camera around forward, back, left, and right respectively, relative to the camera's facing.
- Q E: Moves the camera up and down, respectively.
- Mouse: Looks around.
- Z: Moves your camera from anywhere in the map to directly below the vehicle you are linked to.
- Shift: Speeds up the camera's normally slow movements a little.
A patch was released for the game that "improved" it in a couple of ways:
- The AI actually moves, albeit at a speed of 1 MPH. It also stops just before the finish line, as there is no loss condition programmed and the game crashes if the computer somehow wins.
- The fourth map, Nightride, can be selected (it previously crashed the game when selected due to missing files), though it's just a mirrored version of the first map.
In addition, some of the copies sold change the "YOU'RE WINNER !" caption on the victory screen to "YOU WIN !".
|You're Winner !||You Win !|