*More regional differences. Source:
An apparent oversight in the European version of the game left the debug menu right out in the open. It's accessed simply by pressing the cancel and pause buttons together on the title screen.
- Wii Remote: 1 and +
- Classic Controller: b and +
- GameCube controller: B and Start
Most of the menu options are fairly self-explanatory:
- CHARA allows the player to select from any playable character, including the unlockables.
- PLAYER NUM sets single- or two-player mode.
- WEAPON is obvious.
- LEFT sets starting lives (3 or 99).
- DIFFICULTY is also obvious and includes the unlockable Nightmare.
- TITLE, DEMO (intro cutscene) and STAFF are what they sound like.
- TEST is the test map described below, TEST2 simply displays a character unlock screen for BR-W9 (Brownie).
- 1A through 5C is a pretty standard level select.
- SOUND presumably once activated a sound test, though it no longer does anything here.
- MUTEKI (invincibility) can be toggled with the fire button.
This simple test map has a section of flat ground with a small bump in it (visible at the bottom of the second shot) and two rails from which for the player can hang. The wall at right cannot be jumped or otherwise passed through normal means, marking the end of the area.
|The Contra series|
|NES||Contra • Super C|
|Game Boy||Operation C • Contra: The Alien Wars|
|SNES||Contra III: The Alien Wars|
|Genesis||Contra: Hard Corps|
|PlayStation||Contra: Legacy of War • C: The Contra Adventure|
|Sega Saturn||Contra: Legacy of War|
|Windows||Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra|
|Nintendo DS||Contra 4 (Prototype)|
|The Konami ReBirth series|
|WiiWare||Gradius ReBirth • Contra ReBirth • Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth|