Data:Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)
This page contains info on data for the game Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast).
The game uses a pretty interesting system for lighting, which is named Lantern according to the game's files and is palette based. The lighting is stored in two files; PL, which contains the palette and SL, which contains light direction and miscellaneous info. They can be opened and edited in PLTool.
The game can use up to 8 palettes at once (plus 4 special palettes) and their use is listed below:
- Diffuse 0: Level geometry
- Diffuse 1/3: Unused
- Diffuse 2: Playable characters, NPCs and certain objects (such as the meteors in Twinkle Park)
- Diffuse 4/5: Fire effect in Mystic Ruins, Chaos 2, 6 and Perfect Chaos
- Specular 0/1: Level geometry if "ignore specular" material flag is on or off
- Specular 2/3: Playable characters, NPCs and certain objects if "ignore specular" material flag is on or off
- Specular 4/5: Fire effect in Mystic Ruins, Chaos 2, 6 and Perfect Chaos