Data:Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)
This page contains info on data for the game Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast).
The game uses a pretty interesting system for lighting, which is named Lantern according to the game's files and is palette based. The lighting is stored in two files, PL contains the palette and SL, which contains light direction and miscellaneous info. They can be opened and edited in PLTool.
The game can use up to 8 palettes at once (plus 4 special palettes) and their use is listed below:
- Diffuse 0: Level geometry
- Diffuse 1/3: Unused
- Diffuse 2: Playable characters, NPCs and certain objects (such as the meteors in Twinkle Park)
- Diffuse 4/5: Fire effect in Mystic Ruins, Chaos 2, 6 and Perfect Chaos
- Specular 0/1: Level geometry if "ignore specular" material flag is on or off
- Specular 2/3: Playable characters, NPCs and certain objects if "ignore specular" material flag is on or off
- Specular 4/5: Fire effect in Mystic Ruins, Chaos 2, 6 and Perfect Chaos