If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
|Deus Ex: Human Revolution|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Old men are the future.
Disabled debug menus are present in the game. By using a modified patch file, you can re-enable the options on the main menu.
This option will appear on the Main Menu while not in a game. Naturally, it lets you start from any part of the game. Once entered, there's no going back to the main menu, and choosing Exit to Main Menu from ingame loads the Map Select instead.
While in the menu, there are two selection reels. Up and down change reels. The top reel is the primary area, the bottom one is specific to the area highlighted in the primary one.
These areas are leftover from testing or press demos. In some cases, they're completely missing NPCs and objectives.
Actually document these things
- Gamescom Demo (Detroit City Police, Police Station)
- Tutorial Playtest (Sarif HQ Intro)
- Zoo (All subareas crash the game.)
- E3 Demo (The Hive E3, Lower Hengsha City Street E3, Seaport E3)
- Cut Scene (All subareas are cutscene areas. The actual cutscenes don't trigger until the player interacts with whatever cues it.)
The burger menu will appear in the main menu as "Debug Menu" when in a game. It acts as a general debug menu, as well as containing cheats like spawning items. It also displays a random quote from the game's development in the corner.
Actually document these things. Also, should we write down all the dev quotes?
“A selection of commonly used gameplay options”
- Invincible (“Player never loses health” - Works as advertised.)
- Immortal (“Player never dies” - Works as advertised. Prevents health from going below 1.)
- Ignore Player (“NPC won't see or hear the player” - Only fully works on turrets and cameras. Humans and robots still shoot at the player, but they seem to gain a larger radius of personal space.)
- Infinite Ammo (“Gives the player infinite ammunition” - Used for the tutorial. As a result, loading any other map turns it off.)
- Access Code Cheat Bypass (“Gives automatic access to locked devices” - Makes anything the player inputs the correct code, even things like 1723 or mandrake.)
- No Energy Cost (“Nothing will consume energy” - Works as advertised.)
- No Experience Cost (“Nothing will decrease your experience” - Experience never decreases in this game, so this seems to do nothing.)
- No Money Cost (“Nothing will decrease your money” - Works on normal shops, but dialogue choices still decrease the player's credits. Shops like the insertion point before the FEMA camp are dialogue choices.)
- No Stamina (“Stamina will not be depleted” - Works as advertised.)
- Conversation Debug (“Enable conversation debugging” - Untested.)
- Epilogue Debug Screen (“Display the epilogue debug screen” - Untested.)
- Difficulty ( - Changes the difficulty with lowest being easy and vice versa.)
- No Health Regen ( - Works as advertised.)
- Show Player Position and Unit (“Show the player's position and it's current unit” - Doesn't seem to function.)
- Show Game Version (“Shows the game's current version” - Doesn't seem to do anything.)
- Show Prompts ( - Same as the option in settings.)
- Cover - Hold To Stay ( - Same as the option in settings.)
- Disable NPCs (“Stop processing all NPCs” - Completely freezes all NPCs. The player can still use glitchy-looking takedowns and have glitchy-looking conversations.)
- Toggle Gameflow Debug Objects (“This will toggle gameflow debug uberobjects (ex: debug buttons)” - Doesn't change anything.)
- List Installed DLC Packs (“List installed DLC packs” - Shows the number of installed DLC and not what they are. Does not include The Missing Link, which originally functioned as a standalone game.)
- List PS3 Paths (“List PS3 paths” - Pops up a message saying “This isn't a PS3 you cheater!!!”)
“Basic system options (Sound, graphics etc.)”
- Hide Hud (“Hide the Hud” - Doesn't seem to work.)
- Push Default HUD Group (“BEWARE: This will push a DEFAULT HUD group in case of a HUD issue. Bug should still be investigated!” - Might do nothing?)
- Show Debug Data (“Show debug text on screen” - Untested.)
- Show Hacking Network Name (“Shows the current Hacking Network name.” - Untested.)
- Disable Anim ( - Untested.)
- Wireframe ( - Not tested recently, but probably does nothing.)
- Show Subtitles ( - Untested, but likely a copy of a game setting.)
- Disables Intro (“Allows to skip the game introduction and go straight to the menu system” - Forced on by the debug enable mod.)
- Override Menu System (0=Default, 1=Main Menu, 2=Map Select) (“Allows to load the menu system of your choice!” - Not tested recently, but likely works as advertised.)
- Draw Uberobject Info (“Display the uberobject info when in interaction range” - Untested.)
- Object stats ( - Untested.)
- Memory Tracker ( - Untested.)
- GameRate Memory Report (“This will generate a memory report” - Untested.)
- IMF Stats ( - Untested.)
- NoSound (“Turns off sound” - Untested.)
- NoMusic (“Turns off music” - Untested.)
“Basic NPC Debugging options”
- Draw NPC Stats ( - Seems to not work.)
“AI debug options”
There's stuff here, but someone needs to go list them some time! A lot don't work, so don't get your hopes up.
- Placeholder~! (“Ingame description” - Whether it functions or not.)
“Add pickups, augmentations and objectives”
- These mostly all work. Mostly.
“Sound debugging options”
- Sound Group Mute Volume (Mute the volume for any given sound group)
[GAMESCOM DEMO OPTIONS]
“Options only applicable to the Gamescom demo.”
- Show Gamescom Demo Label (Displays [GAMESCOM DEMO 2010] at the bottomleft part of the screen)
TV & Monitor Calibration
“Helps to calibrate your monitor or HDTV to display the best results ever! Enjoy!” ( - Opens up a unique color calibration image.)
Verify gun lines for Sarif, Athena, Colvin, Faherty... Also, forget the info booth, it's used.
Weapon Drawn Dialogue
If Jensen is holding a weapon when he attempts to speak with most characters, he will be told to put it away. However, certain areas force weapons to be holstered, so some functional dialogue goes unheard.
UNI_PRIT_GUN_001 | “Let's do this without the weapon.”
Pritchard can normally only be spoken to in person at Sarif HQ, which restricts weapons. The game's tutorial, however, needs to allow weapons, and Pritchard can be found on that map. If the Tutorial Playtest is accessed through the debug menu, the doors to David Sarif's office will be open, which leads to Athena and the elevator in that room. The elevator doesn't function, but with the Burger Menu's invincibility (and without the Icarus Landing System) the player can walk off the ledge, pull back towards the office, and land on lower floors. These other floors are where Megan gets off the elevator in the introduction, followed by where Pritchard gets on. Since the introduction hasn't begun, Pritchard is patiently waiting in a standard NPC state for the elevator to arrive.
UNI_WING_GUN_001 | “This is a clinic! Put that away.”
This is Dr. Wing Hui of Hengsha's LIMB clinic who offers a sidequest during the second visit. Since he only appears inside the clinic, this cannot be heard.
In the sewers of Lower Hengsha, there is a breakable wall only destructible with the Punch Through Wall augment or explosives. Inside the room are several Nuke Virus Softwares, a Valve to turn off poisonous gas, and two dildos on a mattress next to a bottle of lube and box of tissues. The two dildos were removed in the Japanese version as the Japanese ratings board prohibits the depiction of sex objects in retail games.
In the Director's Cut version of the game, they are completely absent from the game for all regions.
|The Deus Ex series|
|Windows||Deus Ex • Deus Ex: Invisible War • Deus Ex: Human Revolution|