Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu
|Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu|
Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu is a card battle-based RPG for the Super Famicom. It is actually a remake that combines two Famicom games (Dragon Ball Z: Kyoushuu! Saiya Jin and Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza!!), minus some non-canon filler content.
All playable characters have 48 as their maximum attainable level except for Goku, Piccolo, and Vegeta. Goku's level 48 is actually his SSJ form, while Piccolo is his "fused with Nail" form. This leaves Vegeta as the only character who can in no way attain level 48, however he does have stats for that level.
Level: 48 HP: 1,200 KI: 424 XP: 900,000 BP: 5,000,000 Speed: 8
There are quite a few unused portraits, some with unique graphics not used anywhere else in the game.
Appears to be an early version of the Kami portrait used in-game.
A fully complete and unused portrait of a Dinosaur, such as the one seen in the show during Gohan's training in the wilderness. This seems to imply that perhaps that segment of the game should have been longer.
Find a better way to access the Debug Menu?
The game had a basic Debug Menu during development, the code to normally access it has been disabled. However, by changing ROM address $980D from A90F to A90A then changing ROM address $02E232 from 05 to 07 the default menu on the map will be changed to the Debug Menu. After this, press the 'Up' button to select the last command. Once that's done, press the 'Start' button and you'll be in the full debug menu. The initialization routine appears to have been left out from the final release unfortunately, but with this you'll have the full debug menu on-screen.
There are ten Debug Menu commands:
Get specific information about what each Preset/Map selection index does.
Map Load House Party Close-Up Battle Screen Battle Sprite Music (BROKEN) Mode 7 Screen Demo
- Map - Set your party/location/event flags according to a list of presets ranging from 0–27.
- Load - Load your saved game from anywhere, although if the Debug Menu is used again the game crashes.
- House - Change your current map, ranging from 0-159. Most of these seem to be duplicates.
- Party - Change the maximum size of your party, ranging from 0-9.
- Close-Up - View all of the available portraits in the game, ranging from 0-151.
- Battle Screen - Does not work under normal means. It ranges from 0-7 which is far less than the total backgrounds.
- Battle Sprite - View battler's sprites. A increases the character, B decreases the character and X changes the sprite to view.
- Music (BROKEN) - Unfortunately, this is completely broken. Hidden text in-game implies there was a full sound test with music, SFX and mono/stereo selection.
- Mode 7 Screen - View various characters head butting and smashing into battle background objects, ranging from 0-55.
- Demo - Appears to be a possible cut scene test though it leaves some out, ranging from 0-26. Many numbers go unused.