This game has unused enemies.
Elden Ring is an open-world RPG from the creators of Dark Souls and features dragons, demigods, aliens, and a horse.
The Astel boss has an unused animation in which it descends from the sky and crashes into the ground, similarly to Radahn's meteor attack, suggesting that an overworld encounter was planned at one point in development.
Torrent has a couple idle animations in which he shakes his mane and eats grass, as well as an unused kicking attack.
The Two Fingers
The Two Fingers have a handful of animations in which they slam into one another.
Cut dialogue, possibly related to a cut quest involving Vyke:
* Spot on timing, I was looking for you. * There's something I forgot to tell you. * A rather repulsive looking knight went into the castle just before you. * His armor was melting inwards, practically falling apart. * Can't be in very good shape on the inside either whoever he is... * Outward ugliness is a warning of a vile spirit. * I just want you to be safe you know... * Be wary of that knight in melted armor. * Outward ugliness is a warning of a vile spirit.
Cut dialogue, possibly to be used after defeating Godrick:
* I am son of Godrick, unquestionably. * Could you give that crown to me?
Kalé has several lines of dialogue relating to a cut quest in which he would travel the Lands Between in search of the Great Caravan, and eventually lead the player to the Three Fingers.
* Ah, by the way... * Have you heard of the Great Caravan? * ...I see, more's the pity. * Well, even we had a place to call home, once. * The Great Caravan, they called it, but it's been lost to us for ages. * I've been searching for it as long as I can remember. * And with a name like that, * You'd hope they kept some fine goods there, eh.
Upon defeating Godrick, Kalé would relocate to Liurnia:
* I suppose I shouldn't keep this from you. * I'm thinking of moving elsewhere for a time. * My people are wanderers all, which I won't deny is one reason... * But I've done all I can here, in search of the Great Caravan.
After meeting him in Liurnia, he would ask the player to retrieve a letter for him:
* We meet again, I see. * It's me, Kalé. * Thought I'd set up shop here for a time. * Right then. Care to purchase anything? * Have you seen a crow around here by any chance? * You know, a burial crow, with a letter fastened to its claw? * Well, if you do set eyes upon it, I'll buy that letter from you, no question. * I'd give you a generous sum for it, of course.
Upon receiving the letter:
* My thanks. I've been wanting to get my hands on this. * And I was willing to pay whatever was needed. Your reward, as promised. * So, about the letter you brought me... * It's just as I suspected, it features a cryptogram of my people. * And I'm sure it's come from wherever the Great Caravan disappeared to. * This could be my chance to get close to it. * Thanks to you. * Once I decipher that cryptogram, I'll be packing up shop again. * Don't worry, I'll leave a sign that shows where I've gone. * With any luck, I'll see you there, eh. * I've always preferred my own company, to that of other people's... * And I don't have any burning questions I wish to ask my ancestors... * But there's something I need to know. * My roots. * I want to know who I am. Where I came from. Where I'm headed.
Kalé would then relocate to Leyndell:
* Ah, good to see you. * I knew leaving the sign would be worth the trouble. * Thought I'd set up shop here for a time. * A pleasure, as ever. Care to purchase anything? * Oh yes, about the cryptogram from the letter... * I think it's pointing here, underneath the capital. * But I'm perplexed as to the path to take down there. * Well, the journey can wait, I suppose. * I'll settle here for the time being, and start looking into it.
Upon receiving the second Burial Crow's Letter:
* Where...did you find this letter? * I can't imagine how it ended up there... * But the well might just lead under the capital. * To the spot indicated by the cryptogram from the letter. * Seems like an odd place for the Great Caravan... * But no amount of thinking will change anything. I'll be heading straight there, after some preparation. * Once again, I find myself in your debt. * Take this, as a token of my appreciation. * It's not from my usual stock, but something rather more special. * I hope you can join me at the Great Caravan, in fact. * Who knows what wonders there might be to trade?
The player could then find Kalé in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds:
* Ah, you, is it... * Did you see? What they did to my ancestors? * The whole clan, buried alive. Sick. Maddened. Husks of themselves. * Have you heard their moans? They're hardly human anymore. * They think we worship the Three Fingers? That we called the maddening sickness down upon them? * Well. If that's what they expect from us, then that's what they shall get from us! * The world of grace and its people should have been content to see us sink between the cracks. * But to have intruded upon our solace... Having broken us upon their whims... * I'll never forgive any of you. * I'm sorry, but we won't be trading any longer. * And...I think it's time we parted ways. * Guided by grace, you seek to become Elden Lord. * I don't want anything to do with you Tarnished lot any more. * I should apologise to you. * It's my fault that we stumbled into this mess. * I'm sorry. * I'm sorry, but we won't be trading any longer. * I think it's time we parted ways.
Kalé also has special dialogue if the player inherited the Flame of Frenzy:
* Wait, what's that? * That burn... * Your eyes... * You've inherited the flame of frenzy! * Oh, that's it... That's what I need... * To melt away the curses, suffering, and despair. And the Order, entire. * The yellow flame of chaos... * O Three Fingers, throw wide the door. * Please, bestow unto me the yellow flame of chaos. * A frenzied flame to melt away the curses, suffering, and despair. And the Order, entire. * May chaos take the world. * The frenzied flame...burned me... * I was not... a suitable home. * Unknown warrior... * You, who reached the Three Fingers' abyss... * Tell the one... Who will become Lord... * Divest yourself of everything, and head to the door. * Divest yourself of everything... * And pray to the Lord... * To melt away the curses, suffering, and despair. And the Order, entire. * May chaos...take the world. * ... * The frenzied flame...burned me... * I was not... a suitable home. * Dear Lord, Lord of Chaos... * Melt away the curses, suffering, and despair. And the Order, entire. * May chaos...take the world. * ...
Scarlet Rot Ancestral Follower
A version of the Ancestral Follower enemy infested with Scarlet Rot and with an attack that sprays Scarlet Rot at the player. Originally included in v1.00 and found in the Grand Cloister area, they were replaced with Lesser Kindred of Rot in the first patch.
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by FromSoftware
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by FromSoftware
- Games published by Namco Bandai Games
- Windows games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 2022
- Games with unused enemies
- Games with unused graphics
- Games with unused models
- Games with unused items
- Games with unused sounds
- Games with unused text
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Games > Games by content > Games with unused enemies
Games > Games by content > Games with unused graphics
Games > Games by content > Games with unused items
Games > Games by content > Games with unused models
Games > Games by content > Games with unused sounds
Games > Games by content > Games with unused text
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by FromSoftware
Games > Games by platform > Windows games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Bandai Namco > Games published by Namco Bandai Games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by FromSoftware
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 2022