Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
|Gran Turismo 4 Prologue|
Developer: Polyphony Digital
This game has unused areas.
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue was created as a "sneak preview" to Gran Turismo 4 and also served as a consolation to the full game's release being delayed. It includes 50 of the over 700 cars that were in the fourth game, and only five courses. And again, like Gran Turismo Concept, it did not get an actual release in North America for some unknown reason. Except perhaps for a certain stripped-down Toyota demo...
We got some work ahead of us, don't we?
| Prius Trial Version|
| Special Edition 2004 Toyota Demo|
Some of those might've used as opponent cars. Also document which cars are accessible in which versions - the change from GT3 to GT4 model format seemingly wiped most of GTC leftovers.
Actually add the images
|Car and Notes||Image|
|Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 - Car bodyname alfa0001|
|Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TWIN SPARK '02 - Car bodyname alfa0002|
|Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 24V '98 - Car bodyname alfa0003|
|Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02 - Car bodyname alfa0004|
|Alpine A110 1600S '73 (Early?) - Car bodyname alpn0001|
|Alpine A110 1600S '73 - Car bodyname alpr0001|
|ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03 - Car bodyname asl_0001|
|Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79 - Car bodyname atbc0001|
|Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 - Car bodyname chev0001|
|Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69 - Car bodyname chev0002|
|Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 - Car bodyname chev0003|
|Chevrolet SSR '03 - Car bodyname chev0004|
|Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 - Car bodyname chev0005|
|Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96 - Car bodyname chev0006|
|Chrysler Prowler '01 - Car bodyname chry0001|
|Chrysler Crossfire '04 - Car bodyname chry0002|
|Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 (#51) - Car bodyname chry0003|
|Citroën C5 V6 Exclusive '03 - Car bodyname citr0001|
|Daihatsu STORIA X4 '00 - Car bodyname daih0003|
|Daihatsu Midget II D type '98 - Car bodyname daih0005|
|Daihatsu MOVE CX '96 - Car bodyname daih0006|
|Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 (#91) - Car bodyname dodg0001|
|Fiat 500 F '65 - Car bodyname fiat0001|
|Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90 - Car bodyname fiat0002|
|Ford Focus RS '02 - Car bodyname ford0001|
|Ford Ka '01 - Car bodyname ford0002|
|Ford GT LM Race Car '02 - Car bodyname ford0003|
|Isuzu 117 COUPÉ '68 - Car bodyname isuz0001|
|Isuzu PIAZZA XE '81 - Car bodyname isuz0002|
|Lancia DELTA S4 Rally Car '85 - Car bodyname lnca0001|
|Lotus Europa Special '72 - Car bodyname lotu0001|
|Lotus Elise '00 - Car bodyname lotu0002|
|MINI COOPER S '02 - Car bodyname mini0001|
|Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01 - Car bodyname mazd0001|
|Mazda Atenza Concept '01 - Car bodyname mazd0002|
|Mazda Familia Sedan Sport 20 '02 - Car bodyname mazd0004|
|Mazda Lantis Coupe 2000 Type R '93 - Car bodyname mazd0005|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR '01 - Car bodyname mits0002|
|Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '95 - Car bodyname mits0003|
|Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R '97 - Car bodyname mits0004|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car '01 - Car bodyname mits0005|
|Mitsubishi ECLIPSE GT '95 - Car bodyname mits0006|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR '92 - Car bodyname mits0008|
|Mitsubishi ECLIPSE Spyder GTS '03 - Car bodyname mits0011|
|Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89 - Car bodyname mits0012|
|Mazda BP FALKEN RX-7 (D1GP) '03 - Car bodyname mrao0001|
|Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86 - Car bodyname peug0001|
|Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 - Car bodyname plym0001|
|Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64 - Car bodyname pont0001|
|Pontiac Vibe GT '03 - Car bodyname pont0002|
|Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept '02 - Car bodyname pont0003|
|Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02 - Car bodyname re__0001|
|Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85 - Car bodyname re__0002|
|Renault 5 Turbo '80 - Car bodyname re__0003|
|Renault Avantime '02 - Car bodyname re__0004|
|Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 - Car bodyname rov10001|
|RUF BTR Type II '84 - Car bodyname ruf_0001|
|RUF CTR2 '96 - Car bodyname ruf_0002|
|RUF RGT '00 - Car bodyname ruf_0003|
|Subaru IMPREZA WRX STi Prodrive Style (Type-I) '01 - Car bodyname subr0002|
|Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi '94 - Car bodyname subr0004|
|Subaru LEGACY Touring Wagon GT-B '96 - Car bodyname subr0012|
|Subaru LEGACY B4 Blitzen '00 - Car bodyname subr0013|
|Subaru LEGACY B4 RSK '98 - Car bodyname subr0014|
|TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97 - Car bodyname tvr_0001|
|TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 - Car bodyname tvr_0002|
|TVR Griffith 500 - Car bodyname tvr_0003|
|TVR V8S - Car bodyname tvr_0004|
|Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01 - Car bodyname vw__0001|
|Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '69 - Car bodyname vw__0002|
|Volkswagen Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11) '49 - Car bodyname vw__0004|
|Volkswagen New Beetle Cup Car '00 - Car bodyname vw__0005|
|Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car '00 - Car bodyname vw__0006|
Which tracks are accessible in which builds? Needs elaboration.
In the tradition of most games in the series, some tracks went unused in the game, but can still be accessed through cheat methods and with the Chinese/NTSC versions of the game. These tracks include:
- test: What appears to be a very glitched-up Super Speedway set at dusk, as some of the road is cut up, things are missing, and some parts just pop into existence when you drive around. This was probably used for testing purposes only.
- test2: It's unknown what this test track's purpose was, as it's literally a black void.
- lasvegas: The drag strip used in the full release. Looking at the track map for this one, it appears to be longer here than the final. Also, the right wall doesn't seem to have many boundaries set yet, so you can kinda go through it.
- High Speed Ring: Incomplete and unfinished. Uses the track map from Autumn Ring.
- route5: A very different version of Special Stage Route 5, using the wet variation and set at dusk. This version somewhat resembles the newer variation from the 5th game onward, featuring different buildings placed in other locations, and a similar tunnel.
- Deep Forest Raceway: As seen in the 3rd game, with a few weird floating objects in the sky and some advertisement changes here and there.
- Midfield Raceway: As with Deep Forest, it has more similarities with its GT3 counterpart. You also go through the barriers here, as they're unblocked.
- nursnow: A half-built version of the Chamonix snow course, with some textures and backgrounds left unfinished.
- ss_louisburg: One of the three photomode "tracks". Maybe it was going to also be a feature in this game, but it was instead shown in the full release. Similar to test2, everything is a black void, so not much can be done here.
- ss_nanzenji: Another photomode track that crashes when you try to load it.
- ss_sanmarco: The 3rd photomode track that's similar to ss_louisburg and test2, instead now there's people in the void. Neat.
- paris: A slightly earlier version of Opera Paris from the full release.
- 20r60r: Not much is known about this one, however the name could refer to one of the circle tracks found in the earlier games' license tests.
- Hong Kong: Similar to the final release, in fact it looks finished. There's even a demo replay in the game that uses this track, starring the Xanavi Nismo Skyline R34 Race Car. Was probably kept unused due to this game only being a preview.
- George V Paris: The Paris street rally track, in an almost complete state here. The only things that are missing are a few barriers, some minor pop-in fixes, and different logos used on some of the track.
The Gran Turismo series
|PlayStation||Gran Turismo (Prototype) • Gran Turismo 2 (Prototype)|
|PlayStation 2||Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (Prototype) • Gran Turismo Concept • Gran Turismo 4 Prologue • Gran Turismo 4 (Prototype) • Tourist Trophy|
|PlayStation Portable||Gran Turismo|
|PlayStation 3||Gran Turismo HD Concept • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Prototype) • Gran Turismo 5 (Prototype) • Gran Turismo 6 (Prototype)|
|PlayStation 4||Gran Turismo Sport • Gran Turismo 7|
|PlayStation 5||Gran Turismo 7|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Polyphony Digital
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Sony Computer Entertainment
- PlayStation 2 games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 2003
- Games with unused areas
- Games with unused models
- Games with regional differences
- To do
- Gran Turismo series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Cleanup > To do
Games > Games by content > Games with regional differences
Games > Games by content > Games with unused areas
Games > Games by content > Games with unused models
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Sony Corporation > Games developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment > Games developed by Sony Computer Entertainment > Games developed by Polyphony Digital
Games > Games by platform > PlayStation 2 games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Sony > Games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment > Games published by Sony Computer Entertainment
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 2003
Games > Games by series > Gran Turismo series