HIVESWAP: Act 2
|HIVESWAP: Act 2|
This game has a prerelease article
HIVESWAP: Act 2: Dead Freight is the second of a series of point-and-click adventure games set in the universe of the webcomic Homestuck. Continuing the story of HIVESWAP: Act 1, Joey and Xefros board a train in hopes of getting help from a fellow rebel, Cridea Jeevik.
This game and Act 1 apparently have a debug menu? Not sure how it's activated though.
| Unused Graphics|
Several unused character animations.
Check for more unused text, and obtain the full dialogue scripts.
Text for characters reacting to being presented with an unused "cane" object.
|Boldir||(psst put that thing away!) NEUTRAL|
|Kuprum and Folykl||go ahead and try it|
|Bronya||No thank you. We colistered Jades are only permitted to carry weapons in self defense.|
|Lanque||Are you trying to suggest something, sWeetheart?|
|Lynera||-dont aim that thing at me!|
|Stelsa||NO THANK YOU DARLING WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THAT STICK IN MY FACE|
|Tagora||You'll have to bring something more impressive if you want to barter.|
|Tegiri||What is a cane but a sword /acking a b/ade? Remove this offensive object from my presence.|
|Wanshi||my favourite character in soldier purrbeasts is a canekind user too What a coincidence!|
|Elwurd||you gotta get to know me a LittLe better before you puLL out the cane baby|
|Galekh||Can I help you?|
|Remele||Oh, no thanke you.|
Text for characters reacting to being presented with an unused "mind honey" object.
|Chixie||um. / no thanks. /|
|Elwurd||not even i wouLd do that shit|
|Folykl||get that shit away from me|
|Diemen||(| No. |)|
|Marsti||Don't you dare drop that -_-|
|Skylla||hmm? oh, that's okayy, i'm not one for sweets, honeyy|
|Cirava||lmao dont even think about pulling that out around me|
|Polypa||olives * arent * psychics *||
Charun Krojib, as shown in the 2019 teaser trailer, was scrapped from the game, leaving only their cave. Some of their unused dialogue remains, though.
|Flarp Manual||I can't do anything with this..|
|Mic (No Batteries)||Hello|
|Mic (With Batteries)||HELLO|
|Vet Medkit||What's that do..|
Karako has an a scrapped interaction for when you show him Byers. The text used to read HONK! BYERS: TWEET!, but in an updated version (titled 09CC.0000.MP01.BYERS.KARAKO Updated), it just reads HONK!
A list of counters reveals some interesting details:
- At one point, you may have had to choose between visiting Charun's cave or Zebede's hive (002 Mountains Chosen/003 Plains Chosen).
- There is mention of a fishing minigame you would have done with Charun, for which musician James Roach composed the song The Perfect Cast.
- Like Charun, Zebede was also featured in Hiveswap Friendsim, but does not appear in the game itself. Some of his conversations are still referenced, with counters such as Learned About H2D From Zebede, Looked at Zebede Chittr, Zebede Chittr Add and Zebede Name Learned.
- 008 Elwurd Post Baizli Convo suggests you may have been able to talk with Elwurd after killing Baizli.
November 28, 2020 Update
- The game released without any credits implemented, and this update added them into the game.
- The game released with a bee-themed rhythm minigame that you were required to beat to progress. This update removed it entirely, due to accessibility concerns.
January 7, 2021 Update
- The bee minigame was added back, and can be selected optionally at the exterior of Zebede's hive.
The Homestuck/Hiveswap series
|Windows, macOS, Linux||HIVESWAP: Act 1 • Hiveswap Friendsim • Pesterquest • HIVESWAP: Act 2|