Hacx: Twitch 'n' Kill
|Hacx: Twitch 'n' Kill|
Hacx: Twitch 'n' Kill is a cyberpunk-themed FPS that was initially released as a commercial Total Conversion for Doom II.
Unused graphics, text, and code.
More. I recall a secret being different in map comMap14/freeMap15.
Hacx was re-released as a free game, labeled "Version 1.1", but interestingly it comes from earlier in development than the commercial version.
- Different rolling demos.
- Different background in the credit screen.
- Some textures are seen properly in the free version.
- Map 14 and 15 were swapped in the commercial version, and with Map 15, the secret exit was changed to a regular exit and secret exit was added elsewhere.
- There is a Map21 in the commercial release called "The Darkness" which appears to have been for testing the game's monsters.
- The commercial release has a sound for the thorn thing's projectile being launched. In v1.1, it uses the Revenant missile sound from Doom II.
- Level 10 has two Revenants in v1.1. These enemies were not replaced by new monsters in Hacx and are rendered as invisible. In the commercial release, they are both replaced by Monstruct.
- Completing Map20 in commercial version sends the player to Map21, while free version crashes, since Map21 doesn't exist.
- Map11 has different areas as secrets in the free version, while 100% secrets is also impossible without cheating.
- Intermission screens use Doom II music.