Halo: The Master Chief Collection
|Halo: The Master Chief Collection|
Developers: 343 Industries,
|This game is still under active development.|
Be aware that any unused content you find may become used or removed in the future. Please only add things to the article that are unlikely to ever be used, or went unused for some time. If they do get used, please remove them from the page and specify in the edit summary!
Halo: The Master Chief Collection combines Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4 into one big and incredibly troubled package, launching with myriad bugs and issues. Over the subsequent years the collection has been revamped, fixed, restored to an acceptable state, and even ported to PC. It's still not quite perfect, but it's a million miles away from the original release...
- 1 Main Menu
- 2 Jurassic Park References
- 3 Halo: Combat Evolved Multiplayer
- 4 Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer
The data\movies folder contains animated backdrops used by the original menu system, before it was completely redesigned alongside the PC port. The exception is mainmenu.bk2, which is identical to the real main menu backdrop (mcc\content\movies\FMS_MainMenu_v2.bk2). The real old main menu backdrop is still present at mcc\content\movies\FMS_MainMenu.bk2.
In the Halo 3: ODST flight, there was a nameplate named "Sirens" that depicts a police lightbar, a nod to the role that the New Mombasa Police Department plays in the game's campaign. Prior to the final release, it was removed due to sensitivity surrounding real-world controversies around policing. It was intended to be unlocked at Tier 39 in Season 3.
Jurassic Park References
In the December 2020 update, multiple unlockables which referenced the film Jurassic Park were removed and replaced with non-referential alternatives for unknown but probably legal-related reasons.
'Dino Tracker' nameplate
'Park Ranger' Warthog (Halo: Combat Evolved)
Rocket Warthog (Halo: Combat Evolved)
|Original ('Clever Girl')||Replacement ('Field Medic')|
Halo: Combat Evolved Multiplayer
Included in the July 14, 2020 patch are icons for a few unused weapon skins, all of which are represented by a placeholder. These could be implemented in a future update.
These are Golden variants of the Flamethrower, Fuel Rod Gun, Needler and Rocket Launcher. In the final game, the Magnum, Assault Rifle, Shotgun and Sniper Rifle all received Golden variants unlockable via limited-time challenges; it is likely that these unused skins were intended to be unlocked the same way.
Two unused skins for the Rocket Launcher, both of which reference the Great Journey and Woodland skins available for several other weapons.
An unused skin for the Flamethrower; "Insurrection" does not correspond to any other skin name currently in-game.
Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer
New Weapons and Vehicles
An assortment of new items were patched into shared.map in the July 14, 2020 patch (alongside the Halo 3 PC port), without any comment or explanation from 343. They can be modded into existing multiplayer maps. They may appear in a future update in some form.
- Silenced SMG - Previously appeared in the "Example" map included in the Halo 2 For Windows Vista mod tools. Was previously in the MCC Halo 2 Classic files, but would crash the game when added to a map.
- GPMG - A portable version of the gun turrets. Not properly set up for Elite players without further modding. Uses the Dual SMG crosshair from the E3 2003 demo.
- Gravity Throne - The preferred means of transport of Prophets everywhere. Currently needs further modding to use Driver's Seat animations and be pilotable by players. Called "gravity_throne_mp" in the internal files.
- Shadow - A player-pilotable version of the Shadow. Called "creep_mp" in the internal files. (The version used in the original campaign is just called "creep".)
- Falcon - An untextured prototype of a UNSC flying vehicle, also called the Falcon internally. Identical to its appearance in the internal multiplayer alpha of Halo 2.
The Halo series
|Xbox||Halo: Combat Evolved (Prototype) • Halo 2 (Prototype)|
|Xbox 360||Halo 3 (Prototype) • Halo 4|
Halo: Reach • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
|Xbox One||Halo: The Master Chief Collection|
|Windows||Halo: Combat Evolved • Halo: The Master Chief Collection|