Lucky Luke (SNES)
Lucky Luke is the first of several video games based on one of Europe's best-selling comic series.
At the first screen that appears when starting the game, press Left, A, L, R, X, holding each button down as you go, or use the Pro Action Replay (PAR) code 7E020302 or 85A99902 to enable a debug mode which you can access during gameplay by pressing Select.
- Compteur anim (anim counter) is a running counter that increments once every frame when the game isn't paused.
- Tableau lets you select a new level using the D-Pad and warp there with B.
- Visu VRAM lets you view the currently loaded sprite graphics.
- Type de sol (ground type) shows which type of terrain Luke is standing on (the most common being 000A for standard floors and 0000 for midair.)
- Immortalite toggles invincibility on (marche) and off (arrêt).
- Niveau de difficulte (difficulty level) switches between easy (facile) and medium (moyen) difficulty.
- Affichage (display) collisions, when enabled, adds an in-game collision display.
- When Type collisions heros is set to "heros", four points are drawn around each sprite to indicate the size of its bounding box. When set to "decor", a single point is drawn at the bottom of Luke's sprite, and a yellow outline is added to all solid tiles that Luke is currently touching.
The menu also displays the build date and the email addresses of the three main programmers. Pressing X will return to the game.
With the previous code still active, holding down R on controller 1 will freeze the game (but only if invincibility is disabled.) This was probably used to aid in taking screenshots of the game.
The code also adds an extra item to the options menu, "SNES", which can be set to 0, 1, or 2.
When set to 1 or 2, starting a new game will display this screen, which translates to "link in progress, player no. [1 or 2] - press L and R to stop".
What this actually does is unknown - it may have been used to establish a connection to external development hardware, as there are several error strings in the ROM which may have been output to an external device when testing the game.
Pressing both shoulder buttons simultaneously will cancel the link attempt and the game will continue normally.
|The Lucky Luke series|
|Game Boy (Color)||Lucky Luke • Lucky Luke: Desperado Train|
|PlayStation||Lucky Luke • Lucky Luke: Western Fever|
|Game Boy Advance||Lucky Luke: Wanted!|