Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
|Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Developers: Ubisoft San Francisco,
This game has unused code.
This game has a prototype article
|This article is a work in progress.
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
Deserialize the binary C++ scripts. There's MANY.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a, shall we say,... unexpected crossover between Nintendo's Mario and Ubisoft's Rabbids franchises, which takes the form of a turn-based tactical RPG a la the X-COM series. Despite the odd crossover idea, the game did rather well with audiences and critics alike. It was also Ubisoft's first Switch-exclusive game to use the Snowdrop Engine, the first time the engine was ever used on a Nintendo platform.
- 1 Sub-Page
- 2 Unused Models
- 3 Debugging Content
- 4 Internal Project Names
- 5 Leftover Tom Clancy's The Division Data
- 6 Developer Text
- 7 Unused Code
- 8 Unused Music
- 9 Development Leftovers
- 10 Internal Character Names
| Unused Textures
Crude placeholders as far as the eye can see.
An early base design for the Lava Queen known as chr_enm_bwapeach_tpose_01 can be found in moria\sdf\nx\data\moria\baked\art\animation\01-chr\03-enm\bwapeach.
The model features hair different from the final Lava Queen design, and lacks many of the Lava Queen's defining features, such as her horned helmet, cape and gloves.
Figure out how to enable them.
Many files in the game are named and have debug in the file content. Functions are:
- TOGGLE_FREE_CAMERA: Toggles a free camera, sends /console Moria.Camera.ToggleFreeCamera to the in-game console.
- Teleport To Camera: Teleports the team to the camera position.
- LockFreeCamera: Locks the free camera, sends /console Moria.Camera.LockFreeCamera to the in-game console.
- Toggle Unlimited Ammo: Gives the player unlimited ammo, sends /console Moria.Ammo.UnlimitedAmmo to the in-game console.
- Add Ammo Clip: Unknown.
- Toggle Invulnerable Mode: Makes the team and AIs(?) invulnerable.
- Toggle God Mode: Toggles God Mode(?).
- Toggle No Aggro Mode: Toggles No Aggro Mode.
- Unstuck: Unknown.
- Toggle Ghost Camera: Toggles AI cameras?
- DEBUG_TOGGLE_PAUSE: Toggles pausing, can affect cinematics and menus.
- DebugTeleport: Unknown, likely teleports the team.
- DebugAnim: View animations?
- DebugStartGame Starts game.
- DebugStopWinCombat: Terminates a battle with a forced win factor.
- DebugStopLoseCombat: Terminates a battle with a forced lose factor.
- DebugFMFreeze: Unknown, Free Movement freeze?
- DebugPlaytestFeedback: Playtesting feedback for Debug.
- DebugPlaytestFeedbackExit: Exiting playtesting feedback for Debug.
- DebugPlaytestFeedback_TooEasy: Responding with "Too Easy" to the playtesting feedback for Debug.
- DebugPlaytestFeedback_TooHard: Responding with "Too Hard" to the playtesting feedback for Debug.
- DebugCinematicSkip: Skips the cutscene.
- DebugAmiiboUnlock: Unlocks amiibos.
Check all updates for some likely added in multiple.
As of the updates, a few more were added.
- DebugPuzzleSkip: Skips the current puzzle.
- DebugAddGoldCoins: Adds an unknown amount of coins to the current balance, also usable as a UI action, hardcoded.
- DebugAddOrbCoins: Adds an unknown amount of experience orbs to the current balance, also usable as a UI action, hardcoded.
Internal Project Names
The game went with multiple mainly, Moria, given by the directory going by the name and many other references in files. rr5 is another relating to a string in the game executable, likely meaning Raving Rabbids (project/game) 5, relating to originally being the 5th game in the series, despite Rabbids Land came out earlier as rr6, suggesting this title was delayed in the Wii U era. The last one mentioned in files is RKB, which is unsurprisingly short for likely Rabbids Kingdom Battle.
|Built by rr5.buildfarm/PDC-BLD-481
|Built by rr5.buildfarm/PDC-BLD-522
Leftover Tom Clancy's The Division Data
Many files mention rouge and directories, which is the internal name for that game, meaning the game was likely built off a build of that game.
Sort through them.
TEMP - TEMP - TEMP - This is a horrible hack and absolutely must be fixed YTriangle Hold Down I changed this text value in Oasis>>not used in RKB ? placeholder placeholderText |emptyplaceholderText| asd Good morning placeholder Do Not Use Test To Be Approved Work in Progress Map Type (Determines Compression) DO NOT SENT IN TRANSLATION AS OF NOW Placeholder UNUSED text DO NOT TRANSLATE
//does anyone know why this file is in here?
moria/game system data/fruit/team/team_settings.fruit has this note.
DO NOT DELETE THIS PLEASE!! This file is here in order to make the DLC discovery system work, since it needs at least a reference to a "retail" juice in the gameroot.
A note in various scripting files.
Present in the base game is a call loading a spawn location file for PVP which was later added in a semi-recent update, most likely Ubisoft was internally working on the PVP mode since Day 1!
file PVP ./spawnlocations/pvp-spawnlocations.juice
Is this leftover from that other or specific to this game?
Present in moria/game system data/team/techniquesettings/techniqueparameters.fruit is a revival function.
bool myRevive FALSE < tooltip="can revive dead characters">
The Phantom's song in this game has three verses in the files, but only the first and last are played in-game. The second one has the Phantom talk about how Mario and co's attacks are ineffective against him, and was presumably going to play before the party figured out his weakness in the boss battle. According to an interview by Grant Kirkhope, the game's composer, the second verse was scrapped because the devs didn't have time to animate it in-game.
The first three DLC packs have a few compilation logs from internal development, relating to packing the assets.
|Download Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC Compilation Logs
File: MRKB_DLCLogFiles.zip (78 KB) (info)
PSD in Donkey Kong DLC
Look at the metadata fully, also this.
fxsanddust02_4x2_d's source texture file is present. It suggests that the texture was created on March 10th of 2010 at 1:56 AM + 12 seconds and modified on March 5th of 2016 at 8:05 AM + 56 seconds.
Internal Character Names
The Rayman series
|Rayman (Prototypes) • Rayman Rush
|Rayman 2 (Prototype) • Rayman Origins • Rayman Legends
|Mac OS X
|Rayman 2: Revolution • Rayman Arena
|Rayman 3 (Demo)
|Game Boy Color
|Game Boy Advance
|Hoodlum's Revenge • Rayman Advance
|Rayman 3D • Rayman Origins
|Rayman Jungle Run • Rayman Fiesta Run • Rayman Adventures • Rayman Mini
|PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
|Rayman 3 HD
|Raving Rabbids • Raving Rabbids 2 • Rabbids Coding
|Raving Rabbids 2 (Prototype) • Rabbids Channel
|Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
|Rabbids Travel in Time 3D