If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Metal Slug 2 (Neo Geo)
|Metal Slug 2: Super Vehicle-001/II|
This game has a bugs page
The second Metal Slug game. Buggy enough to have the bugfix released as a separate game, Metal Slug X.
Add unused sprites from here.
- メニューを とじる（ＰＡＵＳＥしたまま） - Close the Menu (While Paused)
- ＳＥＴ ＤＥＢＵＧ ＤＩＰ
- ステージ セレクト - Stage Select
- ＴＥＳＴ ＳＴＡＧＥ
- サウンド テスト - Sound Test
- ＣＯＬＯＲ ＢＡＲ
To access the debug mode, open the game in Console Mode and set debug developer mode On at the Neo Geo boot up screen: this can be done via the Kawaks emulator, the Nebula emulator or using the Neo Geo UniBios.
Enter the game, and press COIN up twice during gameplay: after pausing, the debug menu will appear - with options to activate the debug dipswitches (which can be activated separately through other options using Kawaks) and even the ability to play on any regular level, and even some test levels not available in the actual game. There is also a Sound Test screen and Color Test screen.
SET DEBUG DIP
- ムテキ - Invincibility
- ＶＩＥＷ ＩＮＦＯＲＭＡＴＩＯＮ - View debug information.
- イツデモＰＡＵＳＥ - Allows to pause during score tally, cutscenes and credits.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＧＥＯ ＳＣＲＯＬＬ Ａ - 1st plane check, shows the walkable ground, makes the foreground choppy as it scrolls when activated. May linger if not turned off properly.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＧＥＯ ＳＣＲＯＬＬ Ｂ - 2nd plane check, makes the background choppy as it scrolls when activated.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＡＴＴＡＣＫ ＲＥＣＴ - View attack hitbox.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＢＯＤＹ ＲＥＣＴ - View body hitbox.
- ムセイゲン グレネード - Infinite grenades.
- ムセイゲン ＰＯＷガン - Infinite ammunition.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＰＡ ポイント - A sprite of Satiko Suzuki with wrong palette appears, showing the player's respawn point.
- Ｄボタン、テキ ゼンメツ - Press D to destroy all onscreen enemies (no score bonuses)
Exactly what it says on the tin, allows you to warp to all stages and sections in the game. Worth noting there are no unused regular levels like in Metal Slug X, 3 and 5 in this game.
ステージ セレクト - Stage Select
- １：（サバク） コウサに ふかれて - (Desert) Blowin' in the Sand
- ２：（イセキ） かなしみ モニュメント - (Ruins) Monument to Sadness
- ３：（レッシャ） カゼの マドリガル - (Train Car) The Wind's Madrigal
- ４：（ホンコン） ブサンコウに かえれ - (Hong Kong) Return to Busan
- ５：（タウン） キス・インザ・ダーク - (Town) Kiss in the Dark
- ６：（キョクチ） アイをイマ しんじていたい - (North Pole) Right Now, I Want to Believe in Love
These strange test stages can be accessed with the above debug menu.
ステージ セレクト - Stage Select
- ＴＥＳＴ１ ｆｏｒ ＡＮＤＹ ＴＨＥ ＷＩＺＡＲＤ contains is the final area of Mission 6, with a Metal Slug, an Armour Piercer, a Shotgun, a Rocket Launcher, a Flame Shot, a Laser Gun, and a single soldier there.
- ＴＥＳＴ２ ｆｏｒ ＹＡＭＡＤＡ is the beginning of Mission 4, with a Slug Flyer, three aliens and Rumi Aikawa there. A little further ahead are five prisoners who all give you Rocket Launchers, but strangely, after you pass the first building, everything explodes, and it acts as if you completed a mission.
- ＴＥＳＴ３ ｆｏｒ ＹＯＫＯ－ＳＨＵ allows you to play around in the ending credits! If you hold down the jump, fire, or grenade button, the credits speed up.
- ＴＥＳＴ４ ｆｏｒ ハマチャン ＹＥＨ (Hama-chan YEH) appears to be exactly the same as Mission 5, except it claims to be Mission 1, you walk in instead of parachuting in and after beating the boss, it will act like having completed the game.
- ＴＥＳＴ５ ｆｏｒ ＫＯＮＤＯＵ is an entirely empty version of Mission 1, with no background, oddly placed and missing pieces of the foreground, and other errors.
- ＴＥＳＴ６ ｆｏｒ ＴＡＫＡＤＡ is also Mission 1, but this has a background and is entirely empty, other than Rumi Aikawa and a red helicopter appearing right at the start, and later on there’s an invincible truck carrying a Metal Slug.
- ＴＥＳＴ７ ｆｏｒ ＮＡＫＡＴＵＫＡ is simply an empty version of the final part of Mission 6, but claims to be Mission 1.
- ＴＥＳＴ８ ｆｏｒ ＴＡＧＵＣＨＩ is simply an empty Mission 3, other than a few planes you fight at the beginning.
SFX and BGM test screen.
Color test screen.
Depending on what BIOS is used, the message shown at startup will be different.
|The Metal Slug series|
|Neo Geo||Metal Slug • Metal Slug 2 • Metal Slug X • Metal Slug 3 • Metal Slug 4 • Metal Slug 5|
|Game Boy Advance||Metal Slug Advance|
|Nintendo DS||Metal Slug 7|