Nickelodeon Toon Twister 3-D
|Nickelodeon Toon Twister 3-D
This game has a hidden developer message.
This game has a development article
Play the game, get help from Plankton, make movie, FAMOUS!
- 1 Sub-Page
- 2 Unused Graphics
- 3 Unused Models
- 4 Unused Sounds
- 5 Development-Related
- 6 Developer Messages
Present in the root of the disc is setup.bmp, which appears to be a mockup screen of the autorun executable. It shows no real difference from the final besides the Nickelodeon logo overlapping the dialog box.
- iconbig_3dp_clarinet_original is the prop menu icon for Squidward's clarinet, but rendered differently and more washed out in color.
- gen_bg_sponge_07_old is an early thumbnail for one of the SpongeBob backgrounds, using the original 2D painting instead of the 3D version seen in-game.
- gen_bg_sponge_18 is an icon for a SpongeBob background that was cut completely.
- dm_icon_spr_blond_b is a 2D fairy prop that otherwise does not appear in the prop menu.
- Jimmy Neutron's lab has an assortment of 2D assets that are not seen.
Present in the w3d folder are all of the game's 3D files, including some that go unseen by the user.
3dp_bed_hi.w3d is a model of Timmy Turner's bed. A different mesh with thinner outlines is used in his bedroom set.
3dp_cocktail_hi.w3d is not a cocktail, but rather a 3D cookie jar in the Rugrats style.
3dp_cookiejar_hi.w3d is another cookie jar, but in 2D.
3dp_gary.w3d is a 3D model of SpongeBob's pet snail. He appears as a 2D sprite in-game instead.
3dp_piratedoll_hi.w3d is a pirate doll.
3dp_sledgehammer_hi.w3d is yet another unused prop.
Some of Plankton's tutorial lines are recorded by someone who isn't Doug Lawrence, and likely a developer.
|Pacing is the key to a great cartoon, keep your cartoon to under 60 seconds or you're gonna lose your audience's attention.
|If you can't say everything you need to say in eight scenes or less, you may prepare yourself for a sequel.
|Sorry kid there's no room in the timeline for that. If it's absolutely integral to your scene, you're gonna have to either move or delete some things to make some room.
|Easy hot shot, only four visuals effects per scene. You ain't big time yet.
|SFX CLICK OLD.wav
A debug text file aptly named debug.txt can be found in the game's main directory. It seems to handle some of the game's resources, such as the 3D renderer and the amount of memory available for the game.
[#speed: 3798, #OS: "Windows XP, version 6.1", #memory: "2047 MB/2047 MB", #renderer: #directX7_0, #devices: [#openGL, #directX5_2, #directX7_0, #software]]
Used for error logs in the swf files.
In the game's directory, there are three .swf files. They aren't unused, they just are part of the game but they got some nodes that are seen offscreen.
Throughout the game's cast files are filenames left by a disgruntled developer who clearly had some grievances during development.
- In vwdirect.cxt are two graphics named Burn_In_Hell_Macromedia_Programmers and Macromedia_Director_Is_A_Piece_Of_Shit, which are just black and white boxes, respectively.
- In help.cxt is hlp_pl_pr_intro_211_Fuck_Rault.mp3, which is otherwise just Plankton's help dialog.