The TurboGrafx-16 version of Ordyne is a horizontal shoot-'em-up ported from the arcade.
At the title screen, hold Run and press Select 6 times. Release Run, hold Up+Left+I+II, and press Run to enter the test mode menu, with the following functions (hold Select and press Run to cycle between them):
- Sound Test: Self-explanatory. Up/Down selects a track, and I/II plays it. 00 to 16 are BGM and 17 to 2D are sound effects.
- Round Select: Enable this with I/II, then hold Run and press Select to add the round select itself to the title screen. I/II selects a round, and Run starts it.
- My Ship: Toggles the number of ships available to the player.
- Trigger: Not sure what this does. It doesn't seem to make the player fire manually/automatically (depending on what it's set to).
- SW Test: Controller input test. Pressing any button will make the text at the bottom referring to that button turn red.
This message appears at the beginning of the ROM.
Copyright 1989 NAMCO LTD. All Rigths Reserved Programed By... TAKASHI FUKAWA 88/11/01 START 89/03/31 END
Similar messages appear in other Namco games for the TurboGrafx.