Pastel Muses (PlayStation)
Also known as: SIMPLE 1500 series Vol.20 The Puzzle (Simple series)
A puzzler which involves cute animals, musical instruments, launching spheres, and ungodly RNG-based luck.
- 1 Unused Graphics
- 2 Debug Features
- 3 Revisional Differences
|This needs some investigation.|
Discuss ideas and findings on the talk page.
Specifically: FILE/END03 should have plenty of potentially unused graphics.
Note: All files have their extension changed to .TIP in the Simple 1500 revision. While the new files seem to be compressed, it is presumed what they contain did not change.
CHARA/FACE02.TIM contains an early portrait picture set for the character Puchamaru. Notable differences include a nearly completely different set for the lose portraits.
Assets BAK10.TIM to BAK13.TIM in folder HAIKEI are leftovers from a demo of some sorts.
|We've got a wonderful gift for buyers.|
The Pastel Muse campaign is now running!
For more details, please see the campaign
|つづきは製品版で楽しんでね❤||Enjoy the rest in the retail version❤|
|Because this demo version is currently under development,|
there is a possibility that unexpected flaws,
such as malfunctioning, may be found.
Please be aware of this in advance.
The file LBAK.TIM in folder FILE/HAIKEI is a placeholder graphic featuring a stick figure in a book page.
The file SSEL.TIM in folder FILE is an assorted set of crudely-drawn icons.
Placeholder Character Sprites
Several placeholder sprites for the game's characters can be found in the folders TEKIH and TEKIL.
Note: None of these codes work in the Simple 1500 revision, though whether the features can still be loaded is unknown.
Press Up, Down, Left, Right, then X in the title screen. When entering the Hitori de Muses mode, the player will be redirected to a rather plain level select screen. Left and Right changes the ID, which varies from 01 to 14, and Circle selects it.
In the main menu, highlight the Hitori de Muses mode and, while holding Select, press Circle, and don't let go of the buttons. The player will then be redirected to an animation viewer.
Press Up and Down to navigate through the options, and Left and Right to switch through them. Pressing Circle applies the changes.
The options are as follows:
|STAGE||Unselectable. Displays the ID of the character determined by the LOAD option (see below).|
|TYPE||Changes the animation displayed in the bottom right. Available options are as follows:
|LOAD||Changes the character. IDs range from 01 to 14 in decimal.|
|BACK||Changes the background. IDs ranges from 01 to 09 in decimal.|
|MINPLAY||Once applies, the animation only plays if Circle is being held.|
|STEPPLAY||Plays the animation, but stops when reaching a new frame.|
|EXIT||Goes back to the intro sequence.|
The parameters on the right are as follows:
|FRAME||The ID of the graphic/graphics displayed.|
|CNT||A tick counter. Resets when a new NO is reached.|
|NO||The number of the animation frame for each graphic.|
On November 18, 1999, Pastel Muses was re-released as part of the D3 Publisher's Simple series, under the name of The Puzzle. The differences between the original and the re-release are listed below:
- The title screen was completely redesigned in order to fit the Simple series' aesthetic.
- No music plays in the Simple revision.
- In the original release, the loading screen was animated, featuring many falling stars which unite then burst when it is finished. In the Simple revision, however, the stars do not move.
- There are far less options displayed in the Simple release. Removed functions include those of saving/loading and of the default guide line behavior.
- In the original release, in the Hitori de Muses mode, each of the game's two characters were associated with a difficulty; Puchamaru to Normal and Panako to Easy. In the Simple release, however, both characters and difficulties were made separate. A third, harder difficulty was also added.
- In the original release, in normal circumstances, the guide line, which displays the trajectory of the launching orbs, only appears in the Hitori de Muses mode in the first round or after getting a Game Over. While this can be changed in the options menu so that it always displays, in the Simple release, it cannot be disabled by any form.
- In the Simple release, it is now possible to switch characters after getting a Game Over in the Hitori de Muses mode.
- When completing the Hitori de Muses mode in the original release, a video plays, along with the game's staff roll. In the Simple revision, however, only a congratulatory screen appears.
|The Simple series|
|PlayStation||8 • 10 • 13 • 14 • 18 • 20 • 21 • 22|
26 • 27 • 28 • 32 • 34 • 37 • 38 • 39 • 40 • 42 • 44 • 45 • 46 • 47 • 50
52 • 53 • 56 • 57 • 59 • 64 • 66 • 67 • 68 • 70 • 71 • 74 • 75
79 • 81 • 82 • 86 • 87 • 89 • 90 • 93 • 95 • 99 • 101
|Simple 1500 Jitsuyou|
|PlayStation||6 • 9 • 14 • 16|
|Simple 1500 Hello Kitty|
|PlayStation||1 • 2 • 3|
|Simple Character 2000|
|PlayStation||3 • 4 • 6 • 11 • 12 • 13|
|PlayStation 2||4 • 5 • 7 • 8 • 13 • 20 • 23 • 24|
26 • 31 • 33 • 36 • 44 • 50
55 • 63 • 68 • 74
76 • 81 • 88
102 • 103 • 105 • 111 • 113 • 117 • 120
|Simple 2000 Ultimate|
|PlayStation 2||5 • 6 • 11 • 15 • 17 • 20 • 23 • 26|
|Simple 2960 Tomodachi|
|Game Boy Advance||2 • 3 • 4|
|Nintendo DS||13 • 23|