This page details prerelease information and/or media for Aion.
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
Aion: The Tower of Eternity was announced and demoed at E3 in May 2006 and was released in South Korea for the first time two years later.
- May 10 - Aion: The Tower of Eternity is announced at E3.
- November 9 - The game is shown at G★ with a similar demo to the one that appeared at E3.
- July 11 - The game is shown off again at E3 with a couple new trailers.
- October 31 - The game goes into closed beta for the first time in South Korea.
- November 8 - The game is shown at G★ with a new trailer.
- November 25 - The game is officially released in South Korea.
- December - The game goes into closed beta in China.
- April 8 - The game goes into open beta testing in China.
- April 16 - The game is officially released in China.
- June - The game goes into closed beta in North America, Australia, and Europe.
- September 6-13 - The game goes into open beta testing in North America, Australia, and Europe. The anti-cheat program GameGuard was removed in the west during this beta.
- September 22 - The game is officially released in North America and Australia.
- September 25 - The game is officially released in Europe.
May 10 - November 9 2006
Many locations in this demo either don't exist in the final, or were reworked into other locations.
Document the specifics.
During this period of time the user interface was different to that of what we got in the final game.
Document the specifics.
Due to how blurry the text is, it's hard to make out some of the quests. Either try to make out the rest of the text or see if any other resources exist.
During the playable demo of Aion from E3 2006, there are a couple quests which do not appear in the final. It is unknown if these quests were intended to be used in the final game, or were just for demo purposes.
|Raging Frillneck Raptors||
|The Krall Raid||
|Defeat the Krall||
|Full Account of Conflict||
|A Decisive Battle||
Shown in the E3 trailer is a mage character spinning in a ball shape in the air when they jump over a gap. However footage of the demo from the same E3 doesn't show that animation being played at all. It's possible however that only the Mage class was able to perform this kind of jump as it is the only class we don't have footage of them jumping. The trailer and demo also showcased the ability climb vines. This is lacking in later builds of the game however.
During this period of time, when you flew from one location to another along a flight path, you used your own wings. This however was changed in later builds as you get carried by a bird instead. It also appears that during this point in time, you weren't able to glide or fly freely like in later builds.
- E3 2006 Footage
- E3 2006 Trailer
- E3 2006 Off-screen PvP Footage
- E3 2006 Off-screen Boss Fight Footage
- E3 2006 Off-screen Ranger Footage
- E3 2006 Off-screen Mage Footage
- E3 2006 Off-screen Priest Footage
- E3 2006 Off-screen Wizard Footage
- E3 2006 Off-screen Warrior Footage
- E3 2006 Off-screen Footage + Interview
- G★ 2006 Off-screen Wizard & Warrior Footage
- G★ 2006 Off-screen Ranger Footage Part 1, Part 2, Part 3